Las Vegas Concert Shooting, 20+ dead, 100+ Injured

Ari

image.png

More than 20 people were killed and at least 100 others injured after a gunman opened fire Sunday night at a country music festival opposite the Mandalay Bay hotel and resort on the Las Vegas Strip, authorities said.

University Medical Center spokeswoman Danita Cohen said the hospital is still evaluating the condition of “many patients” with gunshot wounds in the wake of the shooting. There were so many that citizens were arriving at the emergency room with gunshot victims loaded into their cars, local media reported.

Police said the suspect, a Las Vegas resident whose name was not immediately released, was killed after a SWAT team burst into the hotel room from which he was firing at the crowd.

“Right now we believe it’s a solo act, a lone wolf attacker,” Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Sheriff Joe Lombardo said. “We are pretty confident there is no longer a threat.”

Authorities said the gunman appeared to have begun firing at 10:08 p.m. from the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay hotel toward the concert venue across the street.

Officers entered the room and engaged the suspect. “He is dead, currently,” Lombardo said, adding that authorities have no evidence of a motive. “We don’t know what his belief system was at this time.”

Police are seeking to speak to Marilou Danley, who is described as the suspect's "companion."

The sheriff said police are seeking to interview a woman, identified as Marilou Danley, who was believed to be traveling with the suspect. She was described as an Asian woman, about 4’11” in height. “We have not located her at this time, and we are interested in talking to her for a follow-up,” Lombardo said.

Two of the dead may include a pair of off-duty police officers who were attending the concert, Lombardo said.

What world do we live in where this is starting to happen every day?

To any users from/around Las Vegas, please stay safe <3 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, kallumlavigne said:

Sorry but this really bugs me that they havent said it was a terrorist attack.. my guess is cause he's a white American.. so he gets off easy as a lone wolf! it just really annoys me he inflicted terror which makes him a terrorist but god forbid they say that.

Yes, it was 100% a terrorist attack. And I believe you are correct as to why they haven't said that. By definition, terrorists should have political aims, but there is no doubt by the vast majority that he was a terrorist. The definition really should change to just be about massive acts of violence considering the media and government has tried to change it anyway to only apply to people coming from the Middle East.

If I read this correctly, it was a Jason Aldean show that he was shooting at.

• Like 3

I'm so tempted to make a joke about people attending Jason Aldean concerts deserving to die but I'm gonna restrain myself because I'm trying to not be a ho this week... :yaskween:

But honestly, as sad as I find this I find it difficult to be sympathetic towards Americans when they struggle with terrorist attacks. I love America and all it stands for but the gun laws over there are ridiculous, and the majority of the population seems to agree with them. Every time a mass shooting happens people talk about stricter gun regulations for about a week and then forget about it again. If Americans really want to stop these horrible kinds of events happening they need to get their shit together and control their firearms.

• YAAASSS 1

2 hours ago, kallumlavigne said:

Sorry but this really bugs me that they havent said it was a terrorist attack.. my guess is cause he's a white American.. so he gets off easy as a lone wolf! it just really annoys me he inflicted terror which makes him a terrorist but god forbid they say that.

It's because he's white, 

White = mentally ill

POC = Terrorist

Not only is the media brainwashed into that but so is a lot of the public and it's disgusting, 

Did this person use terror and intimidation, against civilians, in the pursuit of political gains?

Yes

That means he is a terrorist. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Countess said:

I'm so tempted to make a joke about people attending Jason Aldean concerts deserving to die but I'm gonna restrain myself because I'm trying to not be a ho this week... :yaskween:

If you actually made a joke about this situation, I would have lost all respect towards you as a user and a person.

Lots of people died, this isn't a laughing matter no matter who was headlining the concert.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Countess said:

But honestly, as sad as I find this I find it difficult to be sympathetic towards Americans when they struggle with terrorist attacks. I love America and all it stands for but the gun laws over there are ridiculous, and the majority of the population seems to agree with them. Every time a mass shooting happens people talk about stricter gun regulations for about a week and then forget about it again. If Americans really want to stop these horrible kinds of events happening they need to get their shit together and control their firearms.

It's fucked up you even thought of making a joke about this situation...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Countess said:

your actually sick! 

6 minutes ago, jaycoolguy said:

Just goes to show you don't have to be black to be a terrorist in latest reports they say isis have claimed responsibility ! which is very worrying indeed !!!. THAT MAN IS  A TERRORIST END OF STORY x

Dude, ISIL claims responsibility for every attack on US soil, whether they were involved or not. Like 90% of the time, they're just making shit up to try to score points. This guy probably wasn't an Islamic terrorist. He definitely is a terrorist, though.

• YAAASSS 1

Just now, Beauty King said:

Dude, ISIL claims responsibility for every attack on US soil, whether they were involved or not. Like 90% of the time, they're just making shit up to try to score points. This guy probably wasn't an Islamic terrorist. He definitely is a terrorist, though.

apparently he converted to islam couple months ago and they sharing images of him calling him a holy martyr so tbh I believe he was part of isis only time will tell tbh doesn't even matter innocent people have died x

1 minute ago, Beauty King said:

they didn't claim that attack on times square lil while ago ! and that was bad ! 

7 minutes ago, jaycoolguy said:

apparently he converted to islam couple months ago and they sharing images of him calling him a holy martyr so tbh I believe he was part of isis only time will tell tbh doesn't even matter innocent people have died x

It's 2017 and fake news is becoming the new norm, as is lsls claiming responsibility for everything.

Don't believe everything you've read unless it's coming from the horse's mouth.

• Like 1