Music player/s for Mobile phone?

Whoknowsmehere

My first post in this section.  So be gentle. 

I am curious as to what type of music player you all use for you mobile devices (specifically phones)?  I have been using the basic player that comes pre-installed with my phone.  The issue is that it has problems playing flac or better quality files.  I was feeling I was not getting the best quality sound for my head phones.  Pretty high end pair of Klipsch that I paid over 300 bucks for and I wanted the best sound I could get.   I also have a pretty nice sound booster I hook up to my phone. 

So I downloaded the newest version of vlc player for android and it did a better job than the built in one did.  But still not satisfied.  So I started the search all over again.  I came across of number of them.  But after reading some of the reviews I decided to give the Onkyo HF Player a try.  And I am glad i did.  This little app works wonders.  The sound it fantastic.  My head phones have a lot of bass to them - I like that - and i just was not getting the full effects with the other players I have tried.  But let me tell you this new player plays flac files perfectly and the bass effect is off the hook.  The one thing I have not figured out yes it if it plays songs one after the other.  I am still playing around with it. 

If any of you have any ideas or suggestion on other music apps I would be very interested in hearing about them?  Or if you feel curious give the one I describe above a try and let me know what you thing of it.   Thank you.

My issue with my player (built in one) is that it gaps (like if I play a live recording, it adds a gap in between songs instead of playing straight through). I can't find an option to fix this. Would like other free options as well. I miss using my ipod classic 160. :( But apparently people don't/won't fix them anymore.

I use CloudPlayer by DoubleTwist. I use a bass booster as well :) 

On 21/7/2017 at 6:03 AM, Whoknowsmehere said:

My first post in this section.  So be gentle. 

I am curious as to what type of music player you all use for you mobile devices (specifically phones)?  I have been using the basic player that comes pre-installed with my phone.  The issue is that it has problems playing flac or better quality files.  I was feeling I was not getting the best quality sound for my head phones.  Pretty high end pair of Klipsch that I paid over 300 bucks for and I wanted the best sound I could get.   I also have a pretty nice sound booster I hook up to my phone. 

So I downloaded the newest version of vlc player for android and it did a better job than the built in one did.  But still not satisfied.  So I started the search all over again.  I came across of number of them.  But after reading some of the reviews I decided to give the Onkyo HF Player a try.  And I am glad i did.  This little app works wonders.  The sound it fantastic.  My head phones have a lot of bass to them - I like that - and i just was not getting the full effects with the other players I have tried.  But let me tell you this new player plays flac files perfectly and the bass effect is off the hook.  The one thing I have not figured out yes it if it plays songs one after the other.  I am still playing around with it. 

If any of you have any ideas or suggestion on other music apps I would be very interested in hearing about them?  Or if you feel curious give the one I describe above a try and let me know what you thing of it.   Thank you.

• YAAASSS 1

7 hours ago, spicyhot said:

DoubleTwist for Android is pretty good. It even syncs with iTunes.

I am a bit confused.  (not your fault, I get that way a lot).  I did not know iTunes worked on an android.  Or am I missing something?  Or are you saying you can use the app with an Android phone and an Apple based phone?

7 hours ago, spicyhot said:

DoubleTwist for Android is pretty good. It even syncs with iTunes.

5 hours ago, Turn Ya Head said:

I use CloudPlayer by DoubleTwist. I use a bass booster as well :) 

Thank you for the input.  Do either of the ones you guys/gals referred to play flac quality or higher files?   My built in one on my HTC phone does not.  Like I was saying in my OP, I want to be able to take advantage of my headphones and power booster.  When I plug my power booster into my phone and then plug my headphones into my power booster, I want to truly enjoy the sound quality that it puts out. 

2 hours ago, Whoknowsmehere said:

I am a bit confused.  (not your fault, I get that way a lot).  I did not know iTunes worked on an android.  Or am I missing something?  Or are you saying you can use the app with an Android phone and an Apple based phone?

iTunes doesn't sync with Android phones straight out the box like an iPhone, however, if you install the DoubleTwist app on your Android and the DoubleTwist desktop client it will communicate with iTunes and sync your files, playlists and playcounts. It's not supported by Apple but it works pretty well.

9 hours ago, Whoknowsmehere said:

Thank you for the input.  Do either of the ones you guys/gals referred to play flac quality or higher files?   My built in one on my HTC phone does not.  Like I was saying in my OP, I want to be able to take advantage of my headphones and power booster.  When I plug my power booster into my phone and then plug my headphones into my power booster, I want to truly enjoy the sound quality that it puts out. 

I play lossless files on Cloud Player so I guess there'll be no problem with quality :) 

• YAAASSS 1

10 hours ago, spicyhot said:

iTunes doesn't sync with Android phones straight out the box like an iPhone, however, if you install the DoubleTwist app on your Android and the DoubleTwist desktop client it will communicate with iTunes and sync your files, playlists and playcounts. It's not supported by Apple but it works pretty well.

Thank you for clarifying that.  I am less confused now.

• YAAASSS 1