Charli XCX Confirms Another Unreleased Album

Charli-XCX-credit-Olivia-Malone-pr-2016-

Did you clear out the shed this weekend? Did you make a cake? Did you attend a barbecue and make soul-destroying smalltalk while clutching a wobbly plate onto which a friend of a friend you openly despise had placed a dry roll containing a sausage that was simultaneously burned and raw?

OR DID YOU CREATE ART?

Charli XCX created art. She created art at such a rate that all other humans operating in any area of artistic endeavour should pack up their pastels, drag their novels to the recycle bin, chuck their sculptures in a skip and set fire to their poetry. Charli XCX made all the art. Charli XCX made an entire album.

PJ0648-680x714.jpg

And yes you might look at that screenshot and say “well that’s Charli XCX talking the talk but maybe she ended up getting so wrecked on Saturday that she spent Sunday crying alone in bed, her only contact with another human being amounting to no more than a twelve-second interaction with a man delivering a pizza that would leave her feeling physically nourished but psychologically bereft”.

EXCEPT:

PJ0649-680x462.jpg

What a woman. So let’s give this album a title and present its tracklist.

Charli XCX — ’24 Hours’

1. ’20 Steps’
2. ‘Party Party’
3. ‘In My Arms’
4. ‘Happy Now’
5. ‘Dreams’
6. ‘7 Days’
7. ‘Everything’
8. ‘I Don’t Wanna Know’
9. ‘I Got It’

We’re saying ‘Everything’ is the first single which doesn’t react and is retroactively viewed as a soft release, ‘Happy Now’ is the one Charli doesn’t like so much but ends up being the biggest hit, ‘I Don’t Wanna Know’ has the best video, and the whole album campaign wraps up with ‘I Got It’, which underperforms when it’s initially released despite being a fan favourite and later becomes one of Charli’s signature songs — and the one with which she opens her 2023 Super Bowl halftime set — due to its inclusion on a critically panned but hugely popular US disaster movie.

OR SHE AND AG COOK COULD JUST WHACK THE ENTIRE THING ON SOUNDCLOUD THIS WEEK AS PART OF PC MUSIC’S MONTH OF MAYHEM WHICH IS SEEING THEM CHUCK NEW CONTENT ONLINE DAILY AND IS ONLY HALFWAY THROUGH. THEY COULD DO THAT COULDN’T THEY. YES THEY COULD.

Honestly, what's the point of her even publicising this if she's never going to release it? :stretcher: Over the course of a few months she announced she had an EP, a mixtape and an album all coming out in 2017 and so far we've only gotten the mixtape, but now she's trying to tease us with another album entirely...Plus there's the unreleased punk album she recorded before Sucker. It's great that she's so prolific but don't tell us about things if you have no intention of letting us hear them.

• YAAASSS 4

On 5/29/2017 at 4:53 AM, lightyears said:

I'm so mad at her since i heard about this album. If your disgusting label won't let you release XCX3 this year you should at least leak this project on soundcloud :vacuum:

Right? :vacuum: I'm pissed she's trying so hard to be edgy by working with PC Music but she didn't release anything last month when everyone else on the label was.

On 5/30/2017 at 2:59 AM, DanIndeed said:

Like most men, all talk and no action - LEAK THE MOTHERFUCKING MUSIC or shush your mouth about it

:cackle::cackle::cackle:

• 2 weeks later...