Debbie Reynolds dies at 84

Rauru

Debbie Reynolds life was the stuff of movie legend, from her start as an ingenue playing opposite Gene Kelly in the classic 1952 musical “Singin’ in the Rain,” to her part in one of Hollywood’s most notorious scandals.

And her death Wednesday at the age of 84 had the kind of tragic storyline Hollywood made famous, coming only one day after her daughter Carrie Fisher, died at the age of 60.

Reynold’s son Todd told ABC Eyewitness News that his mother was under stress over the death of her daughter and suffered a stroke at her home at about noon. Reynolds told him she missed her daughter and wanted to be with her.

On Tuesday, Reynolds had posted a statement on Facebook about the outpouring of grief about her daughter’s unexpected death.  Fisher, a well-known actress and author in her own right, died four days after suffering a cardiac incident on a flight from London back to Los Angeles.

"Thank you to everyone who has embraced the gifts and talents of my beloved and amazing daughter," she wrote. “I am grateful for your thoughts and prayers that are now guiding her to her next stop. Love Carries Mother.”

Reynolds singing and dancing in “Singin’ in the Rain” and other musicals and frothy entertainment turned her into America’s Sweetheart and a potent box office star for decades. She continued performing for the rest of her life including a one-woman revue highlighting her remarkable life on screen and off. She was also a major collector of Hollywood memorabilia. 

I cant believe it :(

• YAAASSS 1

Reynold’s son Todd told ABC Eyewitness News that his mother was under stress over the death of her daughter and suffered a stroke at her home at about noon. Reynolds told him she missed her daughter and wanted to be with her.

This just broke me. :'(:'(:'( 

Such a horrible situation for all involved, I'm really feeling so sorry for Todd and for Billie right now. I've been reading Carrie's latest autobiography and watching Singin' In The Rain to remember them both. I hope they're happy and at peace together now. <3 

• YAAASSS 2