Nintendo Announces New Console Switch

Main Pop Girl

The whole detachable concept is cute, but it's very much what Wii U and PS Vita have been doing for the past few hours so I don't know what's so exciting about it tbh. :/ As per usual, their main weakness has always been their game selection, but hopefully the specs on this console will be good enough to get developers interested in making games for them again.

• YAAASSS 2

3 hours ago, Countess said:

The whole detachable concept is cute, but it's very much what Wii U and PS Vita have been doing for the past few hours so I don't know what's so exciting about it tbh. :/ As per usual, their main weakness has always been their game selection, but hopefully the specs on this console will be good enough to get developers interested in making games for them again.

Not really, the Vita and the WiiU were completely different. The Vita was just like a projector you weren't able to play PS4 on the go with the vita, neither with the WiiU pad, this is completely different. Some companies including Nintendo tried this concept before, Konami with the PS3 and the PSP and Capcom with the WiiU & the 3DS but sadly you had to purchase both versions of the games, here is not the case. The 3rd party support is HUGE this time around and don't get to hyped for specs (you shouldn't not all the developers optimize their games to the fullest, not even on Ps4) so the price would be affordable, it's Nintendo we are talking about.

I'm so hyped for this tbh. The trailer showed, New 3D Mario, Mario Kart 9, Spla2n & Skyrim new games for the Switch YASS QUEEN

Edited by Baby V Alex

8 hours ago, Baby V Alex said:

Not really, the Vita and the WiiU were completely different. The Vita was just like a projector you weren't able to play PS4 on the go with the vita, neither with the WiiU pad, this is completely different. Some companies including Nintendo tried this concept before, Konami with the PS3 and the PSP and Capcom with the WiiU & the 3DS but sadly you had to purchase both versions of the games, here is not the case. The 3rd party support is HUGE this time around and don't get to hyped for specs (you shouldn't not all the developers optimize their games to the fullest, not even on Ps4) so the price would be affordable, it's Nintendo we are talking about.

I'm so hyped for this tbh. The trailer showed, New 3D Mario, Mario Kart 9, Spla2n & Skyrim new games for the Switch YASS QUEEN

Well, PS4 has a similiar thing not just through Remote Play but through Cloud Gaming as well, but there's drawbacks to it. If Nintendo is able to pull this off completely seamlessly then I'll be impressed, but I'll wait to see the effect on things like overheating, battery life and graphical reduction before I get too excited about them making console games portable. Even then, I find the idea of putting console games onto handheld devices kinda stupid - half the point of console games is that they're meant to take up full screens and be experienced in your living room. Honestly the thing I'm most excited for is Skyrim but even then I can't imagine it working as well on a small screen.

1 hour ago, Countess said:

Well, PS4 has a similiar thing not just through Remote Play but through Cloud Gaming as well, but there's drawbacks to it. If Nintendo is able to pull this off completely seamlessly then I'll be impressed, but I'll wait to see the effect on things like overheating, battery life and graphical reduction before I get too excited about them making console games portable. Even then, I find the idea of putting console games onto handheld devices kinda stupid - half the point of console games is that they're meant to take up full screens and be experienced in your living room. Honestly the thing I'm most excited for is Skyrim but even then I can't imagine it working as well on a small screen.

We have confirmation about battery life is around 3 hours which is good, it's more or less what a laptop or phone has. But you are making it sound like YOU HAVE TO play it in a handheld, it's a mix if you don't want to you can leave it on your living room, it's more about convenience while keeping both of your big fan base happy (handheld & consoles). The PS4 has yet to achieve that right? the big difference is that with the Switch the screen is the console, you can use your TV for better looking graphics (because of the resolution) or the tablet.

1 hour ago, Baby V Alex said:

We have confirmation about battery life is around 3 hours which is good, it's more or less what a laptop or phone has. But you are making it sound like YOU HAVE TO play it in a handheld, it's a mix if you don't want to you can leave it on your living room, it's more about convenience while keeping both of your big fan base happy (handheld & consoles). The PS4 has yet to achieve that right? the big difference is that with the Switch the screen is the console, you can use your TV for better looking graphics (because of the resolution) or the tablet.

Are you really trynna tell me your phone only has three hours battery life? :stretcher: You're gonna need to get that fixed boo, it sounds like you have an issue. You're right tho, it could still be good as a home console, but my issue is that by making it portable I think they're gonna sacrifice a lot of other things which they really need at this point to entice developers.

7 hours ago, Countess said:

Are you really trynna tell me your phone only has three hours battery life? :stretcher: You're gonna need to get that fixed boo, it sounds like you have an issue. You're right tho, it could still be good as a home console, but my issue is that by making it portable I think they're gonna sacrifice a lot of other things which they really need at this point to entice developers.

When you use it constantly it does. The thing with Nintendo is that they make their consoles affordable to the GP so you know it won't be super powerful but it will be cheap and you will have a great time with it, but I think this time around their software already has Bathsheda and Konami on their bag so Metal Gear and Fallout might be coming to the Switch, we only need Rockstar and you have all the bro games on the Switch.

1 hour ago, Baby V Alex said:

When you use it constantly it does. The thing with Nintendo is that they make their consoles affordable to the GP so you know it won't be super powerful but it will be cheap and you will have a great time with it, but I think this time around their software already has Bathsheda and Konami on their bag so Metal Gear and Fallout might be coming to the Switch, we only need Rockstar and you have all the bro games on the Switch.

If they could somehow manage to get all their amazing old titles which Microsoft bought like Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooie and Conkers Bad Fur Day back on board, I think they'd have a huge advantage over the other systems which are just letting those great franchises rot. :'( 

37 minutes ago, trayertrash said:

giphy.gif

Are the new KH and FF games really on here? :shocked: If that's true you might have just sold me on it!

3 hours ago, Countess said:

If they could somehow manage to get all their amazing old titles which Microsoft bought like Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooie and Conkers Bad Fur Day back on board, I think they'd have a huge advantage over the other systems which are just letting those great franchises rot. :'( 

Are the new KH and FF games really on here? :shocked: If that's true you might have just sold me on it!

I agree, it's still surprising to me that Nintendo didn't bought Rare when they had the chance I mean they did DK great. 

Well according to rumors FF VII remake is dropping on the Switch too maybe now that SE and Nintendo are BFF we will get the "Ultimate" version of those games.

Edited by Baby V Alex

20 hours ago, Baby V Alex said:

I agree, it's still surprising to me that Nintendo didn't bought Rare when they had the chance I mean they did DK great. 

Well according to rumors FF VII remake is dropping on the Switch too maybe now that SE and Nintendo are BFF we will get the "Ultimate" version of those games.

If they really land Square Enix, which I still have my doubts about given their rocky relationship, I would honestly buy this - at least if I hadn't already bought a PS4 so I could play FFXV. :stretcher: Nintendo should totally try and get an exclusive period for FFVII like Microsoft did with Tomb Raider, it would be a huge draw!

1 minute ago, Countess said:

If they really land Square Enix, which I still have my doubts about given their rocky relationship, I would honestly buy this - at least if I hadn't already bought a PS4 so I could play FFXV. :stretcher: Nintendo should totally try and get an exclusive period for FFVII like Microsoft did with Tomb Raider, it would be a huge draw!

SE and Nintendo are cool right now so I can see them giving them new games and stuff since Bravely Default & Second did great on the 3DS

• YAAASSS 1