Nickelodeon's 'The Loud House' Features Networks First Gay Couple

Main Pop Girl

Nickelodeon is making major strides this week, as they introduce their first gay couple on Wednesday’s broadcast of The Loud House. 

The cartoon follows 11-year-old Lincoln as he copes being the only boy among 10 sisters. On this Wednesday’s episode, Lincoln’s friend, Clyde McBride, comes over for a sleepover. Lincoln opens the door to reveal that Clyde has two dads, saying, “Hi Mr. McBride. Hi Mr. McBride,” but makes no big deal over it at all. 

The defining characteristic of Clyde’s dads is actually their overprotectiveness. They overwhelm Lincoln with Clyde’s sleepover essentials—a sleeping bag, pajamas, white-noise machine, humidifier, dehumidifier, earplugs, inhaler, and allergy medication—and provide emergency phone numbers. Harold—one of the dadys—warns: “Remember Clyde, no nuts, no gluten, no sugar and be careful with orange juice. You know how you get with pulp.”

This is cute as fuck tbh. :stretcher: It's not just the fact that it's a gay couple, but I love the fact that they're an interracial gay couple as well! And I love the fact that they didn't go with two "butch" gay guys or two stereotypical "femme" gay guys, they had a mix of both. So sweet and I'm sure it will be great for their business as well. ;) 

• YAAASSS 2

• 2 months later...