Fleur East Plans To Break Into US Market

landscape-1449242594-fleur-east-press-sh 

It's official! X Factor runner-up Fleur East has bagged herself a US recording contract along with some major television performances across the Atlantic. 

The singer will launch her bid for international superstardom with a performance of 'Sax' on the season finale ofDancing with the Stars next week. 

East has secured a deal with Sony Music's Columbia Records to put out her music in America, following chart success in Mexico, The Netherlands, Costa Rica and Eastern Europe. 

The music video for 'Sax' has already topped 30 million views on YouTube and is continuing to grow. 

The 28-year-old will then play further high-profile programmes including The Late Late Show with James Corden and The Today Show. 

Fleur East follows in the footsteps of previous X Factor stars One Direction, Leona Lewis and Little Mix by breaking through into the US market. 

She actually finished second on The X Factor back in 2014 behind winner Ben Haenow, who was dropped by Simon Cowell earlier this year after just one self-titled album. 

But fear not, UK fans: Fleur East hasn't forgotten you. 

The singer will return to this side of the Atlantic soon for a series of summer gigs - as well as a new single.

I'm super excited for this, but I feel like her management had no idea what to do with her after 'Sax'. Her second single was barely promoted and flopped even in England so Idk what they're gonna do with her in America. :'( Good luck to her tho!

• YAAASSS 1

• 4 months later...
On 22/05/2016 at 7:01 PM, Countess said:

I'm super excited for this, but I feel like her management had no idea what to do with her after 'Sax'. Her second single was barely promoted and flopped even in England so Idk what they're gonna do with her in America. :'( Good luck to her tho!

Her album is really strong.... SAX had a massive push.... being teased. But I agree the promo was horrifically messy.

It's a real shame as her album is pretty darn good. Gold Watch being my personal fav but the album is one of the best debuts from an XFactor artist in a while :)

23 hours ago, mceyedol said:

Her album is really strong.... SAX had a massive push.... being teased. But I agree the promo was horrifically messy.

It's a real shame as her album is pretty darn good. Gold Watch being my personal fav but the album is one of the best debuts from an XFactor artist in a while :)

'Gold Watch' was fun too, but I think my favourite was 'Breakfast'! That song was so fun, it's a shame it never even got the music video it should have had. :'( I'm hoping she somehow gets a second album out someday!

11 hours ago, 24/7 said:

Sax is like really old now tho right....

Well this post was made in May, but the single did first come out in November... :stretcher: