So Jessica Lange Would Return to "American Horror Story" After All

Carcunt

gallery-1434726398-gettyimages-466474490

After four seasons of mayhem, death, and delightful bitchiness on American Horror Story, Jessica Lange basically stomped on all fans of the show's hearts when she confirmed last year that she'd be bowing out of the franchise. Bowing out for good, even — "I'm done," she said at the show's PaleyFest panel back in March.

Except maybe she's not done with the show after all. During an interview with The Wrap, Jessica now says she would "absolutely" come back if creator Ryan Murphy offered her "a small character for a couple of episodes." "This was a great collaboration," she continued, so I would love to keep working with him." Clearly someone (aka all of us) heard about the potential for a love triangle with Matt Bomer and Finn Wittrock and knew they had to get back in the mix. Gaga, watch your back please.

It's also worth noting this is also just about exactly the scenario Ryan Murphy described in an interview with TV Line last fall. "It always starts with a character for Jessica, so I think I'd have to present her with something she was very interested in," he said. "I really want her to keep her hand in. Does that mean 13 episodes? Does that mean six? Does that mean one?" I think I speak for all AHS viewers when I say the more Lange-filled episodes, the better, but we'll also take whatever we can get. Have her be the automated voice on the phone doing the wake-up calls at the new season's titular Hotel and it would still be great.

[source]

If he's really trying to connect all the seasons together, he should have her come back as Constance from the first season, kinda like how Sister Mary Eunice returned in Freak Show! It wouldn't be too challenging of a role for her, and she could just cameo for a few episodes without making a huge commitment.

• YAAASSS 2

As much as I love Jessica Lange, all her characters were pretty much the same - older woman desperately trying to hold onto her youth. Unless they figure out something else for her character to deal with I'm not even really interested in her coming back. I'd hate to see her just replaying the same character over and over again.

• YAAASSS 1