Agent Carter

Main Pop Girl

Agent-Carter-poster-header.jpg

Marvel's Agent Carter, or simply Agent Carter, is an American television series created for ABC by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely, inspired by the films Captain America: The First Avenger and Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and the Marvel One-Shot short film of the same name. It is set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), sharing continuity with the films of the franchise. The series is produced by ABC Studios, Marvel Television, and F&B Fazekas & Butters, with Tara Butters, Michele Fazekas, and Chris Dingess serving as showrunners.

The series features the Marvel Comics character Peggy Carter, with Hayley Atwell reprising her role from the film series and One-Shot, as she must balance life as a secret agent with that of a single woman in 1940s America. Development on a series inspired by the Agent Carter short film had begun by September 2013, with Atwell's involvement confirmed in January 2014. The following May, ABC bypassed a pilot, ordering the show straight to series for an eight episode season, with James D'Arcy, Chad Michael Murray, Enver Gjokaj, and Shea Whigham starring alongside Atwell. The series introduces the origins of several characters and storylines from MCU films, while other characters from the films and Marvel One-Shots also appear.

If you haven't watched season one of this fucking flawless show yet, you are MISSING THE FUCK OUT. :hail: I just finished it then and it is honestly one of my favourite shows in years! Carter is such an amazing and inspiring character and all the supporting male characters are equally well developed. I'm so glad they're making a second season. :rockon:

I came running in here hoping you'd have news that it was picked up for an actual first season.

It's been picked up for a second season, so it's definitely sticking around for at least a little while. ;) Apparently the whole show is moving from New York to Los Angeles tho, which I'm fine with as long as they keep Jarvis and the SSR guys in the picture and don't just completely write them out. :vacuum:

It's been picked up for a second season, so it's definitely sticking around for at least a little while. ;) Apparently the whole show is moving from New York to Los Angeles tho, which I'm fine with as long as they keep Jarvis and the SSR guys in the picture and don't just completely write them out. :vacuum:

Iono how I feel about the location shift, but I'm glad it's finally getting justice with a second season. Better be more than 8 episodes. :morning:

Iono how I feel about the location shift, but I'm glad it's finally getting justice with a second season. Better be more than 8 episodes. :morning:

They're hoping for thirteen apparently which sounds good to me. :morning: As much as I'd love 100 I think it's better to keep it small but tight. ;)

They're hoping for thirteen apparently which sounds good to me. :morning: As much as I'd love 100 I think it's better to keep it small but tight. ;)

Aww, was hoping for 22, guess 13 is still better than 8 though.

Honestly I really like the idea of just having a short season almost as like an intermission for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and I think it makes the writing better and every episode super interesting and fun. But at the same time I would like to see more of Peggy. :'(

I like smaller seasons tbh. Gets right to the point of the story and doesn't drag it on too much. 

I like smaller seasons tbh. Gets right to the point of the story and doesn't drag it on too much.

It depends for me...if it's a guilty pleasure teen drama or something like Gossip Girl I'm happy with 22 episodes, but if it's a cute little period piece like Agent Carter I'm fine with ten or so. ;)

• 5 months later...

We finally have the first trailer for season two!

https://youtu.be/4TPGpoNGHPU

I'm annoyed this is still two months away, I need more Peggy in my life now. :'( The trailer's pretty intriguing, especially the character in the ice. If they managed to get Sebastian Stan from the Captain America movies in the show I would be super happy!