Diplo Breaks the Silence About Fued with Lorde & Taylor Swift Comment

Cypher

lorde14f-1-web.jpg

In a new interview with GQ, Diplo has finally spoken about his perceived "feud" with Lorde from last fall. To recap: After the Major Lazor producer made a crack about Taylor Swift's backside on Twitter, the "Royals" singer retorted with a comment about his "tiny penis." Now Diplo's put the entire affair in context:

It's really dumb. So many great albums came out that week, and all people talked about, on all the big press, was Me vs. Lorde, and Kim Kardashian's butt. No one covered any music. And it's funny, because me and Lorde, we're actually friends, and it was a funny, in-jest conversation. So many tabloids used it to make it story, when it was not. Literally, it was such a tongue-in-cheek joke on both sides. I think Taylor Swift is such an impactful character, that it was because she was involved that it became really big.

He also spoke about the blowback he caught from the "Shake It Off" superstar's fans, noting, "Taylor Swift fans are really crazy. They threatened to murder me and stuff. It's really bizarre, and disgusting. They're the worst people in the world." And as for Diplo's feelings on Swift herself?

Taylor Swift is very strategic with her friends and enemies. And I know lots of secrets. I can't divulge, but I know a lot of stuff about her. And she's definitely, there's definitely scary stuff going on. And I'm scared. I'm scared for my life.

We're pretty sure he means that in jest, but still, you'd think he'd learn to just not joke about her anymore.

Source

Diplo's jokes aren't that funny, Taylor's faninist army is way too sensitive over minute incidences, and Lorde is just a boring human being. :morning: But I agree with him about Taylor acting as a puppet master over all her friends...it's so obvious that all of her friendships with other females lately have been for publicity and to support this new feminist angle she's made for herself.

Diplo's jokes aren't that funny, Taylor's faninist army is way too sensitive over minute incidences, and Lorde is just a boring human being. :morning: But I agree with him about Taylor acting as a puppet master over all her friends...it's so obvious that all of her friendships with other females lately have been for publicity and to support this new feminist angle she's made for herself.