Courtney Love to Join Lana Del Rey on Tour

lana-courtney.jpg

'Ultraviolence' singer and Hole rocker schedule eight shows together, including a visit to Los Angeles' Hollywood Bowl

On November 29th, Courtney Love hinted that she and Lana Del Rey had some sort of collaboration in the works, tweeting "See you in London in ten hours @LanaDelRey we are going to own that town xxc #excitingnews2come." The exciting news? The Hole rocker will join the Ultraviolence singer on tour in 2015.

So far the pair has lined up eight shows together, kicking off May 7th, 2015 in Woodlands, Texas. A joint May 18th gig at Los Angeles' legendary Hollywood Bowl is also on the schedule. However, come the end of May, Del Rey will soldier on with the trek sans Love as the tour moves east. Del Rey has nine more Love-less 2015 shows on her itinerary, wrapping up with a June 16th concert in West Palm Beach, Florida. It's unclear who will be joining the singer for the remainder of the tour.

Recently, Love admitted she'd like to collaborate with Del Rey or Miley Cyrus if the song were right. In 2012, after Del Rey covered Nirvana's "Heart-Shaped Box" live, Love tweeted at the singer, "You do know the song is about my vagina right? 'Throw down your umbilical noose so i can climb right back,' umm. On top of which some of the lyrics about my vagina I contributed. So umm next time you sing it, think about my vagina will you? lol xc. You are gorgeous and very talented, it was all in good humor love, it is true however."

Check out the Del Rey dates below:

May 7 - The Woodlands, TX @ Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion *

May 9 - Dallas, TX @ Gexa Energy Pavilion *

May 12 - Morrison, CO @ Red Rocks Amphitheatre *

May 14 - Phoenix, AZ @ AkChin Pavilion *

May 16 - Chula Vista, CA @ Sleep Train Amphitheater *

May 18 - Los Angeles, CA @ Hollywood Bowl *

May 20 - Mountain View, CA @ Shoreline Amphitheatre *

May 22 - Ridgefield, WA @ Sleep Country Amphitheater *

May 28 - Noblesville, IN @ Klipsch Music Center

May 30 - Tinley Park, IL @ First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre

May 31 - Clarkston, MI @ DTE Energy Music Theatre

June 3 - Toronto, ON @ Molson Canadian Amphitheatre

June 4 - Montreal, QC @ Bell Centre

June 11 - Bristow, VA @ Jiffy Lube Live

June 13 - Charlotte, NC @ PNC Music Pavilion

June 14 - Atlanta, GA @ Aaron's Amphitheatre at Lakewood

June 16 - West Palm Beach, FL @ Cruzan Amphitheater

* with Courtney Love

I LOVE the idea of these two working together, but is Lana really at a point in her career when she can ask Courtney fucking Love to open for her? :stretcher: If anything it should be a co-headlining tour. Hoping for a duet of 'Heart-Shaped Box' tho tbh. :hail:

As much as I love Courtney, it makes sense for her to open for Lana. Courtney doesn't sell well at concerts unless she does it as Hole & Lana would sell out arena with or without Courtney. I HATE that I won't be able to go. Like seriously, this is what my wet dreams are made of, but it's the other side of the country! When Lana does come here she'll be at the worst venue in VA.

As much as I love Courtney, it makes sense for her to open for Lana. Courtney doesn't sell well at concerts unless she does it as Hole & Lana would sell out arena with or without Courtney. I HATE that I won't be able to go. Like seriously, this is what my wet dreams are made of, but it's the other side of the country! When Lana does come here she'll be at the worst venue in VA.

I'm 120% sure that Mo is beeing sarcastic

AG1G8SF.gif

Guest Natalia

I'm glad she's touring with someone she likes, who on the other hand I don't care about, but I'm more than excited to see live. I would love to meet Lana again and even Courtney. Hopefully Lana will switch up and vary her song choices.

Hopefully Lana will switch up and vary her song choices.

My thoughts exactly. It's not like I'll get to see her - I'll just sit here in Western Canada all envious like every tour any singer does o:-) - but she NEEDS to switch up her setlist. Gosh, I would be here for her scrapping every Born To Die and Paradise song excluding like, Video Games, Ride and Born To Die, to be honest. That's how much she's done all the songs to death.

She should do all Ultraviolence songs, some Young & Beautiful, start doing Once Upon A Dream, Big Eyes and I Can Fly, and some new covers...

I can dream. :morning:

I'm 120% sure that Mo is beeing sarcastic

AG1G8SF.gif

Nope! :magic:

ibwkUiTTuI5GPp.gif

Idk, I just don't like the symbolism of one of the icons of rock opening for a relative newcomer. :vacuum: That's why a co-headlining tour would be better imo, even if Courtney was only doing a short set compared to Lana's.

Hopefully Lana will switch up and vary her song choices.

My thoughts exactly. It's not like I'll get to see her - I'll just sit here in Western Canada all envious like every tour any singer does o:-) - but she NEEDS to switch up her setlist. Gosh, I would be here for her scrapping every Born To Die and Paradise song excluding like, Video Games, Ride and Born To Die, to be honest. That's how much she's done all the songs to death.

She should do all Ultraviolence songs, some Young & Beautiful, start doing Once Upon A Dream, Big Eyes and I Can Fly, and some new covers...

I can dream. :morning:

Don't worry sis, I'm sure more people come to Western Canada than they do Australia. :'( I do agree about the setlist tho, it was literally ridiculous that 90% of the show she was performing earlier this year was sourced from BTD and Paradise.