Ariel Pink Works With Madonna & Drags Her Career; Other Producers Get Involved

ariel-pink-press-2014-billboard-650.jpg

Ariel Pink may have been working on Madonna's new album, that is until he opened his mouth and tried to explain why she might want him in a recent interview.

Ariel Pink Says He's Working on Madonna's New Album, Dismisses Most of Her Career

Speaking with Faster Louder, the eclectic indie singer-songwriter said Interscope had reached out to help on Madge's follow-up to 2012′s MDNA, saying, "They need something edgy. They need songwriting. She can't just have her Avicii, her producers or whatever, come up with a new techno jam for her to gyrate to and pretend that she's 20 years old. They actually need songs. I'm partly responsible for that return-to-values thing."

Pink continued, to explain his role in the project, dissing his potential collaborators Avicii and Diplo (who are working on the project) and de facto boss in the process.

Now, Madonna's reps are claiming they've never heard of Pink and won't be working with him. As well, he's unleashed the online lash of the pop icon's legions of fans, including Grimes.

In response, one fan posted to Twitter that Pink should be removed from the project immediately:

Madonna's manager, Guy Oseary, responded, slanting Pink with a Little Mermaid reference and saying they've never heard of Pink. 

Grimes joined in, too. Starting a side-stage of back-and-firths, mostly slamming Pink but with the Black Lips stepping forth as defenders against accusations of misogyny in his statements.

And Black Lips responds

Grimes affiliate James Brooks, aka Default Genders, got in the mix:

As for Pink, he's been holding his own online too. Mostly, he's been retweeting the mix of hateful and supportive comments that have come his way, and chiming in his own words as well.

What kind of mess...? :stretcher: Madonna and Ariel Pink are both irrelevant and so I have literally no idea why this is even a thing. And Grimes needs to gtfo with her feminazi attitude, ain't nobody got time for dat. :morning:

What kind of mess...? :stretcher: Madonna and Ariel Pink are both irrelevant and so I have literally no idea why this is even a thing. And Grimes needs to gtfo with her feminazi attitude, ain't nobody got time for dat. :morning:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Madonna irrelevant. Good one Mo.

I agree with you on Grimes I mean, she needs to shut her mouth and start working on that mess of album she is planning to release.

Also i agree in some part with Ariel, Madonna need to be more edgy and stp trying to be a 20 year old version of herself and be the one that is making the rules and stop following what Britney does tbh

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Madonna irrelevant. Good one Mo.

I agree with you on Grimes I mean, she needs to shut her mouth and start working on that mess of album she is planning to release.

Also i agree in some part with Ariel, Madonna need to be more edgy and stp trying to be a 20 year old version of herself and be the one that is making the rules and stop following what Britney does tbh

I'm sorry gurl, but if Gaga is now irrelevant with 2.5 million sales for ARTPOP then Madge and her 2 million shipped copies of MDNA are beyond "flops". :morning: Especially considering she hasn't had any sort of buzz about her since like the Super Bowl back in 2012.

But yeah, Grimes is annoying and is just pressed that Ariel's telling the truth about Madge's declining success. :morning: Literally, no one wants to see her writhing around on the floor half naked anymore! We've seen it all before and it's not as sexy the second time around. She should go back to a more Ray of Light or American Life style sound with more natural instruments and calmer sounds.