Music Industry vs. Dr. Luke

Cypher

Bonnie McKee

Kesha

Some of Kesha's songs seem to have been cries for help that Dr. Luke intercepted and shot down before they even got a chance to reach the public's ears.

7 A.M.

[Verse 1]:

You were rolling in the cash,

You were rolling in bitches.

Yeah, I was rolling in my Lincoln,

I was a shitty waitress.

And boy, you kinda had me thinking,

You were making me famous.

And he's getting cozy.

With the thought of giving you kisses.

I was a fresh 18.

You saw me while I sleep.

You're making me phat beats.

You're saying that you think I got star quality.

Dancing With The Devil

[Verse 1]:

You and I made a deal,

I was young and shit got real.

We've been through hell and back,

Your love is made of dirty gold.

But I

What the hell was up with Sky's comment tbh? If that had been me I would have been calling Bonnie and making sure she's okay rather than just making some weird joke about sexual abuse.

I'll never listen to '7 A.M.' the same way again tho. :'(

Well, Sky did tell someone to phone 911, so in her defense, it was kind of like shedding light on the issue without being heavily involved.

As for 7AM, it makes me wonder. Kesha remixed it and had reconsidered it for Cannibal. This makes me think, Kesha REALLY wanted that song released, but Luke shut her and that song down TWICE. Poor girl. :'(

Well, Sky did tell someone to phone 911, so in her defense, it was kind of like shedding light on the issue without being heavily involved.

As for 7AM, it makes me wonder. Kesha remixed it and had reconsidered it for Cannibal. This makes me think, Kesha REALLY wanted that song released, but Luke shut her and that song down TWICE. Poor girl. :'(

I mean, I guess...For all we know she could have actually called Bonnie and made sure everything was all good. Maybe this was just her way of shading Luke a little without being dropped from her contract. :stretcher:

But yeah, you're right! It's so weird that none of us ever read into the song like that tho...but lemme just tell you right now that Pebe saying that Kesha was abused before waking up in Paris Hilton's house has also made me view 'Paris Hilton's Closet' entirely differently as well. :'(

I mean, I guess...For all we know she could have actually called Bonnie and made sure everything was all good. Maybe this was just her way of shading Luke a little without being dropped from her contract. :stretcher:

But yeah, you're right! It's so weird that none of us ever read into the song like that tho...but lemme just tell you right now that Pebe saying that Kesha was abused before waking up in Paris Hilton's house has also made me view 'Paris Hilton's Closet' entirely differently as well. :'(

Kesha's unreleased songs are all cries for help. It seems she's been wanting to get away from Luke since he signed her. :/

• 1 month later...