American Horror Story Spin-Off: American Crime Story

Main Pop Girl

OJ-Glove.jpg

Ryan Murphy has lined up his next act.

The prolific producer behind FX hit American Horror Story is adding companion miniseries American Crime Story at the same network. Like AHS, American Crime will be produced as an anthology series focused each season on a different real-life crime story that made headlines and captivated the public's imagination. The first 10-episode installment is entitled The People v. O.J. Simpson, based on Jeffrey Toobin's best-selling book The Run of His Life: The People v. O.J. Simpson.

The project will a look at the O.J. Simpson trial told from the perspective of the lawyers, and is poised to explore the chaotic behind-the-scenes dealings and maneuvering on both sides of the court. More significantly, it will display how a combination of prosecution confidence, defense wiliness and the LAPD

I agree. It can either be extremely good or extremely bad. But I totally love the concept and love their first choice of crime! I'll def be there to watch it.

Same! I actually don't know all that much about the O.J. case other than the fact that Faye Resnick and one of the Jenner's got famous from it. :stretcher: I'll be interested to see everything that happened and analyse all the evidence that was around at the time and everything. :hail:

Same! I actually don't know all that much about the O.J. case other than the fact that Faye Resnick and one of the Jenner's got famous from it. :stretcher: I'll be interested to see everything that happened and analyse all the evidence that was around at the time and everything. :hail:

Watch them really solve the case. Haha.

It sounds like a cool idea, but I'd prefer it if it was fictional. I have a bad feeling about this being based upon prolific court cases... :/

Yeah, I'm not sure about that either tbh. A part of me wishes they'd done it on a murder case from like centuries ago so they could take a few more liberties with the story without people getting so angry over it. I'm looking forward to seeing it anyway!

Watch them really solve the case. Haha.

:stretcher: Could you imagine? They could have like a competition and whoever solves the case first gets to feature on the show. Omg, that would be awesome! :hail:

I would want to try, but I'm terrible at cases. But I would be able to make the music that makes it all suspenseful!

Yasss mama slay it! :hail: I would love to hear your trap shit in the background of those murder scenes. :stretcher:

This sounds really awful. It's just like Ryan Murphy to go and fuck up something good though. He really should be fired from every show he works on after two seasons, because after that, they just go downhill. Happens every time. :/

Coven >>> Asylum tho. :morning: And Glee was legit always a mess from it's very first episode. :stretcher:

I'm here for an updated version of Romeo + Juliet.

That actually sounds awesome. :shocked:

Coven >>> Asylum tho. :morning: And Glee was legit always a mess from it's very first episode. :stretcher:

What kind of flopinion...? :stretcher: Literally everyone in the universe agrees that Asylum was perfect horror and amazing storytelling with the best ending of all three seasons so far. Coven was by far the worst season overall.

Glee was at least cute for its first season or two, but then they started grasping at straws for new songs, to the point that they were doing stuff nobody liked, remembered or cared about.

What kind of flopinion...? :stretcher: Literally everyone in the universe agrees that Asylum was perfect horror and amazing storytelling with the best ending of all three seasons so far. Coven was by far the worst season overall.

Glee was at least cute for its first season or two, but then they started grasping at straws for new songs, to the point that they were doing stuff nobody liked, remembered or cared about.

Omfg, 'flopinion'. :stretcher: But no, I guess it just depends on what you're into. Honestly, I feel as though both of them were pretty messily written and had equally convoluted plotlines, but I personally preferred the kitschy, silly 90s teen witch movie homage that was Coven to the super-serious, overdramatic Asylum. Even though I didn't love either at the time, looking back I have more fond memories of the third season.

Although you are right about Glee actually! I just Googled that show and I totally forgot how much I loved it when it first came out! :stretcher: I think I gave up about season two though, after Idina Menzel's arc finished. :o