G.R.L.'s Simone Battle passes away

Beauty King

Reports are saying she's been battling depression for a long time which led her to ultimate hang herself in her closet at her home in West Hollywood. They're also saying that G.R.L. will take a hiatus during this time and halt any and all music production.

My thoughts and prayers go out to her family and friends. :/

Reports are saying she's been battling depression for a long time which led her to ultimate hang herself in her closet at her home in West Hollywood. They're also saying that G.R.L. will take a hiatus during this time and halt any and all music production.

My thoughts and prayers go out to her family and friends. :/

Omfg, that's honestly so sad. :'( I'm glad they're taking a hiatus though, it would honestly be so tacky at this point to be releasing fun, happy pop music right after one of their group members just passed away. Honestly I think it might be best for the group just to break up at this point, or reform under a different name...it seems a shame when they were just making it big but I can't see anything working out for them after this.

Allegedly the whole thing had something to do with money...:'(

G.R.L. singer Simone Battle had been struggling with financial problems before committing suicide ... TMZ has learned.

We know friends and family members told law enforcement ... Battle was depressed over money issues recently -- the family wasn't specific but they were clear ... money was bringing her down.

The family didn't quite understand, because Battle was part of a successful singing group that had just completed an overseas tour.

People close to Battle told cops ... she was frustrated that she hadn't hit in the U.S. and worried she never would. Apparently Battle wasn't cutting it financially overseas.

We broke the story ... the 25-year-old singer was found hanging from a clothing rod in a bedroom closet of her West Hollywood home. Her boyfriend found the body about 8:30 A.M. We're told he had last seen her alive about 5 hours earlier.

So sad!