Solange Launches Beatdown on Jay-Z While Beyonc

0512-jayz-solange-beyonce-splash-3.jpg

Jay Z was ferociously assaulted by Beyonce's sister Solange  ... who was wildly kicking and swinging at him inside an elevator ... and the attack was captured on surveillance video ... obtained by TMZ.

According to our sources, it all went down at a Met Gala after party last week at the Standard Hotel in NYC.  In the video ... Jay Z, Beyonce and Solange step into the elevator ... and then Solange goes crazy, screaming at Jay before unleashing a violent attack.

A large man -- who appears to be a bodyguard -- attempts to hold Solange back, but she manages to connect at least 3 times.  At one point Solange throws a kick and Jay grabs her foot, but never attempts to strike her.  Beyonce stands by without getting physically involved.

It's unclear what triggered the fight.

And this is interesting.  When you look closely, you see the bodyguard hit the emergency stop switch on the 12th floor -- mid fight -- presumably to keep the fight private.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh_WJ9T0PCE#ws

Why do y'all always forget to post the most important news while I'm away? :vacuum:

Anyway, I'm still kind of shocked about this tbh. :stretcher: I knew Solange was a diva but who knew she could get so ratchet when she wanted to!? It's so funny how media outlets are so ambivalent about the whole thing tho. I just read an article on Jezebel, which is a feminist website, basically making fun of the whole situation without actually mentioning the fact that Solange was physically abusing her sister's husband. But if Jay had actually retaliated, his career would probably be over and he would be sent to jail. Ridiculous. :morning:

• 2 weeks later...