29 Killed and Another 130 Injured in Mass Stabbing

Cypher

_73308794_021352472.jpg

Reports are flooding in about a mass terrorist attack in China leaving 29 dead and 130 more injured.

An attack by knife-wielding men at a railway station in Kunming in south-west China has left at least 29 dead, the state news agency Xinhua says.

Another 130 people were wounded in what authorities described as an "organised, premeditated, violent terrorist attack".

Four suspects were shot dead and others are being sought, Xinhua said.

City officials said evidence implicated militants from the western region of Xinjiang, but this was not verified.

Witnesses said that the men, who were mostly dressed in black, attacked people at random.

A survivor named Yang Haifei, who was wounded in the back and chest, told Xinhua he had been buying a train ticket when the attackers rushed into the station.

"I saw a person come straight at me with a long knife and I ran away with everyone," he said.

He added that those too slow to flee were cut down.

Some who escaped were desperately looking for missing loved ones.

Yang Ziqing told Xinhua she and her husband had been waiting for a train to Shanghai "when a knife-wielding man suddenly came at them".

"I can't find my husband, and his phone went unanswered," she said.

Social media users in China posted pictures of the attack on the internet, but correspondents say they are being taken down.

Images seen by the BBC show men and women lying on the floor in pools of blood following the attack.

Kunming officials, quoted by Xinhua, later said that evidence at the scene showed it was "a terrorist attack carried out by Xinjiang separatist forces".

Xinjiang is home to the Muslim Uighur minority group which has a long history of discord with Chinese authorities.

State broadcaster CCTV said top security official Meng Jianzhu would travel to Kunming to oversee the handling of the investigation.

President Xi Jinping and Premier Li Keqiang have sent condolences to the victims and their families, the channel added.

Source

This is so sad. I don't understand the actions to a lot of people in this world. It's disgusting how cruel and brutal the world has become. #Justice4Peace #HelpUsGod #StopTheViolence

Apparently the 5 men who organized the terrorist attack were a part of a subgroup who have been hoping for some type of revolution against the mainland in hopes of gaining independence from them...or something like that.

Oh my god...I can't believe that five people could even do so much damage to so many people with just knifes, it's horrible. I understand their plight, as things are pretty dreadful in China right now (in fact I'm not even sure how this story got out given their censorship laws), but don't they understand that killing innocent civilians isn't the way to begin a revolution?

Oh my god...I can't believe that five people could even do so much damage to so many people with just knifes, it's horrible. I understand their plight, as things are pretty dreadful in China right now (in fact I'm not even sure how this story got out given their censorship laws), but don't they understand that killing innocent civilians isn't the way to begin a revolution?

Apparently people were posting photos right after the occurrence and the Chinese government quickly stepped in to take everything down. I don't understand the Chinese government, when anything happens in the US, the first thing to check is Twitter. I forget who said it, but someone of authority said if there were ever a disaster to happen, tune into Twitter for the quickest response and what to do next. Guess China wants their people to live in the dark.

Apparently people were posting photos right after the occurrence and the Chinese government quickly stepped in to take everything down. I don't understand the Chinese government, when anything happens in the US, the first thing to check is Twitter. I forget who said it, but someone of authority said if there were ever a disaster to happen, tune into Twitter for the quickest response and what to do next. Guess China wants their people to live in the dark.

I think they just want their people to think they're living in some idyllic wonderland where nothing ever goes wrong. I think especially with revolutionary activities like this, they're worried that even more revolutions could be sparked which they definitely don't want.

Do they even have Twitter in China? :stretcher:

I think they just want their people to think they're living in some idyllic wonderland where nothing ever goes wrong. I think especially with revolutionary activities like this, they're worried that even more revolutions could be sparked which they definitely don't want.

Do they even have Twitter in China? :stretcher:

Probably! It sucks that there's still these types of societies in modern day, you'd think everyone would be past this by now.

I don't think they have Twitter, but they have a Chinese version or something like that. I have a few Chinese friends who use it in the US to connect to their friends in China.

Probably! It sucks that there's still these types of societies in modern day, you'd think everyone would be past this by now.

I don't think they have Twitter, but they have a Chinese version or something like that. I have a few Chinese friends who use it in the US to connect to their friends in China.

Dystopia

I think you're right! I remember reading that they don't have Facebook but they have something really similiar which is almost as big or something. It's still so weird though tbh.