Nicole Scherzinger Signs to RCA

Main Pop Girl

OMG, so much misinformation.  o.O

a) Both Carmit and Melody have confirmed that the story from The Sun about Nicole being jealous and hating Ashley is fake the day it was printed:

b) Ashley has never said anything negative about Nicole. She's the only one who still communicated with Nicole post-PCD. She's also the only who appeared in Behind the Music and the only one who's met Nicole afterwards. Jessica has never said anything negative about Nicole either. She said that they never fought, but they weren't friends and only had a professional relationship. Nicole kept to herself. Ashley says the same thing.

c) Of course a few songs from Doll Domination were leftovers from HNIN. They weren't used so they agreed that it could go to the PCD album instead of throwing them out, but what does that have to do with "Jai Ho"? Ron Fair and Jimmy Iovine approached Nicole to write and perform an English version of the song after Slumdog Millionaire became a success in the US in early 2009. That's long after Doll Domination came out.

Seriously? Do we really have to do the lettering thing? :vacuum:

Fine, if you really want to...

a. Actually, neither of them said it was fake. Melody was criticizing the British press in general for making the interview too Nicole-centric and Carmit was criticizing the paper for focusing too much on Nicole when she wanted it to be more about Ashley's career. There was no discussion of the entire article being faked and I believe that Carmit did say most of the things printed.

b. Ashley may not have called out Nicole directly, but she definitely wasn't happy about Nicole being the star and the rest of the girls being pushed aside by her desire for fame. As we both know, it was Nicole who controlled how much the girl's got to appear in music videos, and she also would have had a say in how many solos they got during songs, whether they got to sing backups, etc. So if Ashley, or Jessica for that matter, were upset about their lack of involvement in the group, they were upset not only with Robin, but also with Nicole.

c. I reference Doll Domination because 'Jai Ho' was on the re-release of that album. Also, other singles from that album, such as 'When I Grow Up' were originally recorded for HNIN but later released as a single from DD. If her solo material meant that much to her, then why didn't all those singles have the "featuring Nicole Scherzinger" tag on them as well? The feature had nothing to do with Nicole's personal feelings on the song and everything to do with Robin and the label pushing Nicole as a solo artist and making her front and centre in spite of how the other girl's felt.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously? Do we really have to do the lettering thing? :vacuum:

Fine, if you really want to...

a. Actually, neither of them said it was fake. Melody was criticizing the British press in general for making the interview too Nicole-centric and Carmit was criticizing the paper for focusing too much on Nicole when she wanted it to be more about Ashley's career. There was no discussion of the entire article being faked and I believe that Carmit did say most of the things printed.

b. Ashley may not have called out Nicole directly, but she definitely wasn't happy about Nicole being the star and the rest of the girls being pushed aside by her desire for fame. As we both know, it was Nicole who controlled how much the girl's got to appear in music videos, and she also would have had a say in how many solos they got during songs, whether they got to sing backups, etc. So if Ashley, or Jessica for that matter, were upset about their lack of involvement in the group, they were upset not only with Robin, but also with Nicole.

c. I reference Doll Domination because 'Jai Ho' was on the re-release of that album. Also, other singles from that album, such as 'When I Grow Up' were originally recorded for HNIN but later released as a single from DD. If her solo material meant that much to her, then why didn't all those singles have the "featuring Nicole Scherzinger" tag on them as well? The feature had nothing to do with Nicole's personal feelings on the song and everything to do with Robin and the label pushing Nicole as a solo artist and making her front and centre in spite of how the other girl's felt.

You're adding your own spin to it:

a) People were sending Carmit hate tweets about her talking trash about Nicole and she responded saying the interview is fake. The Sun is known for making up quotes. And Melody never said anything about it being Nicole-centric. They wouldn't have a right to complain if the "reporter" chose what to include in the article. That's his/her choice, but complaints about fabricated quotes is valid.

b) We already know Ashley was unhappy about Nicole being credited separately in "Jai Ho" and that's when tension in the group began. She explicitly said so in Behind the Music, but I don't know where you're getting the rest of the info. I don't recall any evidence of Nicole controlling how much the others got the appear in music videos or much they got to sang. Nicole sang everything in the studio just like Nadine Coyle of Girls Aloud and then the others were added. In GA's case, everyone got a part added and in PCD's part, Melody's ad libs and back ups were added. I also don't know where you're getting the part about Nicole's "desire for fame." If she really did desire fame, she would have launched her career the way Beyonce did. Beyonce and her father calculated everything and used the others girls in DC as a platform for her solo career and waited until the third album came out on purpose even though they were setting up a solo career since as early as 2000.

c) Because it was already decided beforehand. HNIN was shelved and Interscope told her that they were going to move on to the next PCD album. She agreed. Why shouldn't she? HNIN was over. But "Jai Ho" was different. She was approached to make that song and it was supposed to  be hers. When it was written, produced and recorded, the plans changed and Interscope wanted it to be under the PCD banner. And I don't think Robin or Interscope were ever really interested in launching her a solo act. Nicole got her solo deal in exchange for agreeing to be part of PCD. It was just politics. Also, Nicole was always front and center. She was specifically hired to be the singer and face of the group when they were casting for one after Robin and Ron wanted to turn the burlesque group into a pop act. The only person who should be angry about that is Melody because she was hired to be a singer as well. The others were always dancers.

You're adding your own spin to it:

a) People were sending Carmit hate tweets about her talking trash about Nicole and she responded saying the interview is fake. The Sun is known for making up quotes. And Melody never said anything about it being Nicole-centric. They wouldn't have a right to complain if the "reporter" chose what to include in the article. That's his/her choice, but complaints about fabricated quotes is valid.

b) We already know Ashley was unhappy about Nicole being credited separately in "Jai Ho" and that's when tension in the group began. She explicitly said so in Behind the Music, but I don't know where you're getting the rest of the info. I don't recall any evidence of Nicole controlling how much the others got the appear in music videos or much they got to sang. Nicole sang everything in the studio just like Nadine Coyle of Girls Aloud and then the others were added. In GA's case, everyone got a part added and in PCD's part, Melody's ad libs and back ups were added. I also don't know where you're getting the part about Nicole's "desire for fame." If she really did desire fame, she would have launched her career the way Beyonce did. Beyonce and her father calculated everything and used the others girls in DC as a platform for her solo career and waited until the third album came out on purpose even though they were setting up a solo career since as early as 2000.

c) Because it was already decided beforehand. HNIN was shelved and Interscope told her that they were going to move on to the next PCD album. She agreed. Why shouldn't she? HNIN was over. But "Jai Ho" was different. She was approached to make that song and it was supposed to  be hers. When it was written, produced and recorded, the plans changed and Interscope wanted it to be under the PCD banner. And I don't think Robin or Interscope were ever really interested in launching her a solo act. Nicole got her solo deal in exchange for agreeing to be part of PCD. It was just politics. Also, Nicole was always front and center. She was specifically hired to be the singer and face of the group when they were casting for one after Robin and Ron wanted to turn the burlesque group into a pop act. The only person who should be angry about that is Melody because she was hired to be a singer as well. The others were always dancers.

a) Carmit never said that the stories were completely made up. She clearly had an interview with The Sun and it's likely that they pretended to focused the interview around Ashley before editing most of it out later to make it more about Nicole. However, that doesn't mean that what she said is completely fabricated - if it was, I doubt Carmit would think twice about suing them tbh.

b) Your facts are totally off. Melody and Ashley were both pissed off about the 'Jai Ho' feature, judging by that video of Melody talking about it on stage that one night. And I believe it was either Ashley or Carmit who discussed Nicole choosing who got to appear in music videos and who didn't. Melody wasn't the only one who sang on PCD tracks, either: Kaya Jones has background vocals on a few tracks, Carmit has a verse on 'Beep', and all the girls are credited with background vocals in the booklet for the first album. Nicole doesn't even sing on 'Santa Baby'. You're completely delusional if you don't realize that the Dolls were nothing more but a launching tool for Nicole. It was written into her contract that along with her involvement in PCD, she'd also be given a solo album to be released after the first PCD album. It's logical than in order to make sure both projects were a success, they'd highlight Nicole as the lead singer of each track.

c) That's just another example of Nicole taking control of the group tho. Instead of consulting with the other girls about what the second album should sound like, she came to an agreement with Robin and Rob about using her own tracks on it without considering any of the other girl's opinions. I'd like to see receipts for Nicole recording 'Jai Ho' as a solo single, as she specifically says in this quote she wanted to make it a quintessentially PCD song:

It's crazy how the whole thing came about, [...] I'm a writer, and I've been fortunate enough to write for the Dolls, but when they asked me to look at the movie and do my own version, I was really afraid to take on the task of rewriting the lyrics, [...] because I thought the movie was so profound, I didn't know how to make sure I kept the integrity of the movie and the love story, but also make it cool enough for the Pussycat Dolls and for people all over the world to connect to.

I'd also like to see receipts for the other girls only being hired as dancers. It's true that Nicole was always intended to be the lead singer of the group and Melody the main secondary singer, but as far as I know the other girls were always intended to sing. If not, why give them parts in the PCD album (as listed above) in the first place?

Let us not forget how when Carmit was out Robun made Jessica look like her and Jessica became the third voice on the band.

:stretcher: Right? Plus, they all sang in 'Painted Windows' and every girl had a solo song on DD...if they just wanted Nicole as the lead singer and everyone else as a back-up dancer and they all signed a contract to that effect, fine. But it seems like they were all told that they would be given parts to sing (even if they were smaller parts) which worked until Nicole tried to diva it up and take those away from them as well. That's when all the trouble started. :vacuum: