Black Friday

Cypher

So I live in the US and Black Friday is this huge celebration that comes right after Thanksgiving...or rather, it should come after Thanksgiving, but some stores open early.

Anywho, it's a day where stores offer these "amazing" deals and discounts and people shop. In my opinion, it's just something the government schemed up to help give the economy a boost cause Christmas/holiday season apparently isn't cutting it anymore.

I'm curious if this is observed in other country/regions.

We don't have Thanksgiving here but a few stores do have Black Friday nowadays! I dunno if it's actually worth all the savings but a few online shops I'm checking out have savings of up to 50% which is pretty rad. :hail: The problem is that I'm super unlucky and always end up buying things just before the sales start and have to pay an extra $50 or something. :vacuum:

We don't have Thanksgiving here but a few stores do have Black Friday nowadays! I dunno if it's actually worth all the savings but a few online shops I'm checking out have savings of up to 50% which is pretty rad. :hail: The problem is that I'm super unlucky and always end up buying things just before the sales start and have to pay an extra $50 or something. :vacuum:

Hah, that was something shocking I found out when I moved to the States. I was like, we have a day dedicated to giving thanks? Then I went to elementary school and learned all about it...and got bored.

I'm surprised it's growing in Australia. Do you also observe Cyber Monday? I get the feeling that's probably a little more regionally friendly since it's online rather than in person.

Okay, let me bitch about Black Friday 'sales'

In August, we were tv shopping since we had saved up for a few months & our piece of shit tv kept randomly cutting off. Anyway, so we see a tv at Wal*Mart, 60 inches for $600. Not a bad deal at all for what it was. Came with a dvd player attached to it & the picture quality was AMAZING! So we went back in September to buy it & it jumped up to 675, we thought maybe the price would go back down during a sale or something so we waited. Went back about a month later, the tv was now $750. We ended up buying a different tv. Okay, then we went to Wal*Mart Sunday morning, and a thing on the tv said "Special Black Friday Deal! Was $750 now only $625" Like really bitches? They raised the price of it twice then dropped it to the above the normal price so you think you have a deal!

And all these clothing stores online have these '50% off deals' or 'buy one get one' on whatever product they're selling. Most of the time, that stuff was in the clearance section anyway. I saw this on Lane Bryant's website. A dress I wanted was only $15 last week, originally $85, went out & got a gift card yesterday so I could buy it since I figures it'd be cheaper because of black friday. Today, the same dress is 'on sale' for $35. Like really?

In short, black friday is nothing but a rip off created by big businesses to trick you into buying & the government trying to boost the economy a bit around the holidays. It's nothing but one big scam.

OH! And yesterday at Wal*Mart we were baby clothes shopping since Lizzy is going to pop out any second & their baby section had a sign that said "Buy two get one free on all discounted baby clothes" So we were on that shit, I had enough clothes for her to grow into from sizes new born to 18 months for under $200, pretty fucking great deal right? So we get up to the register, it's like 5:45 pm, and the cashier said that the sale wasn't valid until 10pm. I told her the sign was up so they had to give me the sale & she said the sign wasn't valid until 10 & I told her the sign said nothing about 10 & she called her manager over (I wasn't being bitchy or anything surprisingly, I was actually pretty chill about it" and the manager told me the same thing & told me to either wait in line until 10 or I could back & put all the clothes away. I was PISSED at that point, like bitch, I'm 9 months pregnant, you want me to go back there & put a years worth of clothes back? Just no... Anyway, I told the manager to stop being a prick & either take the sign down (since 2 other moms in line with me thought the deal was going on too) or he can take all our the clothes & shove them up his ass. He ended up giving everyone the discount early & now Lizzy will look flawless year round

Whitney_Hairflip.gif

OH! And yesterday at Wal*Mart we were baby clothes shopping since Lizzy is going to pop out any second & their baby section had a sign that said "Buy two get one free on all discounted baby clothes" So we were on that shit, I had enough clothes for her to grow into from sizes new born to 18 months for under $200, pretty fucking great deal right? So we get up to the register, it's like 5:45 pm, and the cashier said that the sale wasn't valid until 10pm. I told her the sign was up so they had to give me the sale & she said the sign wasn't valid until 10 & I told her the sign said nothing about 10 & she called her manager over (I wasn't being bitchy or anything surprisingly, I was actually pretty chill about it" and the manager told me the same thing & told me to either wait in line until 10 or I could back & put all the clothes away. I was PISSED at that point, like bitch, I'm 9 months pregnant, you want me to go back there & put a years worth of clothes back? Just no... Anyway, I told the manager to stop being a prick & either take the sign down (since 2 other moms in line with me thought the deal was going on too) or he can take all our the clothes & shove them up his ass. He ended up giving everyone the discount early & now Lizzy will look flawless year round

Whitney_Hairflip.gif

:stretcher: GET DAT DISCOUNT GURL! :hail: