Who Will Own The Second Half of 2013?

Main Pop Girl

It seems like we've been waiting for music all year and now we're suddenly getting about a million albums at once!

Gaga and Katy have both confirmed they're releasing albums in the coming months, and it's a pretty sure thing we're getting new music from Britney, Nicki and Bey by the end of the year. Rihanna, Justin Bieber and 1D will both probably release albums this year. There are some artists like Avril Lavigne, Cher, Kylie and The Pretty Reckless who are all commercially unsuccessful but look like they could make a big comeback. Meanwhile some of our favourite flops are finally getting their albums released, like Bonnie, Sky and Natalia, and newcomers like Ariana Grande and Cher Lloyd who are doing surprisingly well.

But who will slay this year? I'm guessing that Gaga will get great album and single sales at first, but her last few singles will flop while Katy will manage to churn out #1 after #1 with bad album sales. 1D and Bieber will both be successful (sadly) but neither will match the sales of their last album. Bonnie and Natalia will have moderate hits and Sky will continue taking over the indie scene. Grande will debut in the top five but her singles won't be that successful, and Lloyd will fade away. Neither Avril, Cher or Kylie will have huge hits but they'll all have an increase in sales compared to their last albums. Bey and Nicki will both have singles out by the end of the year but their albums won't come out until next year; Brit will have an album out in December which will be commercially unsuccessful but critics will love it; and Rihanna will surprise everyone by not releasing an album this year.

What do you guys think? The person who's closest to the truth by the end of the year receives bragging rights. :morning:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Katy all the way.

I hope she does releases the album without any bonus tracks, then in 2014 she does a rerelease with more stuff, kind of like with Teenage Dream but a year sooner. That'd give her enough time to record between stuff and it'd get more promo for Prism tbh.

Katy all the way.

I hope she does releases the album without any bonus tracks, then in 2014 she does a rerelease with more stuff, kind of like with Teenage Dream but a year sooner. That'd give her enough time to record between stuff and it'd get more promo for Prism tbh.

I agree tbh, that seemed to work well for the TD era. But I honestly don't think Katy will slay, especially if she goes for a darker sound than people are used to from her. :morning:

It seems like we've been waiting for music all year and now we're suddenly getting about a million albums at once!

Gaga and Katy have both confirmed they're releasing albums in the coming months, and it's a pretty sure thing we're getting new music from Britney, Nicki and Bey by the end of the year. Rihanna, Justin Bieber and 1D will both probably release albums this year. There are some artists like Avril Lavigne, Cher, Kylie and The Pretty Reckless who are all commercially unsuccessful but look like they could make a big comeback. Meanwhile some of our favourite flops are finally getting their albums released, like Bonnie, Sky and Natalia, and newcomers like Ariana Grande and Cher Lloyd who are doing surprisingly well.

But who will slay this year? I'm guessing that Gaga will get great album and single sales at first, but her last few singles will flop while Katy will manage to churn out #1 after #1 with bad album sales. 1D and Bieber will both be successful (sadly) but neither will match the sales of their last album. Bonnie and Natalia will have moderate hits and Sky will continue taking over the indie scene. Grande will debut in the top five but her singles won't be that successful, and Lloyd will fade away. Neither Avril, Cher or Kylie will have huge hits but they'll all have an increase in sales compared to their last albums. Bey and Nicki will both have singles out by the end of the year but their albums won't come out until next year; Brit will have an album out in December which will be commercially unsuccessful but critics will love it; and Rihanna will surprise everyone by not releasing an album this year.

What do you guys think? The person who's closest to the truth by the end of the year receives bragging rights. :morning:

I need to take a few minutes and just appreciate the genius that wrote this. I salute you.

Ok It's mah turn to tell ya the truth  :vacuum:

Gaga will have sucess first single and album, however neither of them will top the BTW sales, cause we don't have a .99 cents deal this time. Her next singles will flop. Leading her to go back to her plastic pop begginings of The Fame era.

Katy will top the TD era however this one won't be that long. And she will get a Grammy this time.  :excited:

1D will be successful bu Bieber will fade after all this bad press.

Bonnie & Natalia will have both successful albums however they will flop in the single charts.

Sky's EP will get her on a WW tour. Then her label will release the album, after seeing she is successful.

Ariana will be a huge success, singles & album will be top 5. Cher Lloyd will get finally US success.

Avril finally gets a good comeback. Cher will have a #1 album however her singles will flop, just like MDNA & Kylie will get HUGE US success.

Bey & Nicki won't give us nothing this year.

Brit get's a #1 album and success singles. And she get good reviews and opens the door for new comming singers, like Solange.

Based on facts and their previous eras  :morning:

Gaga will have sucess first single and album, however neither of them will top the BTW sales, cause we don't have a .99 cents deal this time. Her next singles will flop. Leading her to go back to her plastic pop begginings of The Fame era.

163c84b8.gif

Katy will top the TD era however this one won't be that long. And she will get a Grammy this time.  :excited:

[img width=320 height=181] 163c84b8.gif

Little Mix tbh.  <3

[img width=320 height=181] 163c84b8.gif

163c84b8.gif

I'm spilling the true tea  :morning:

And I think Katy deserves a Grammy, so she can say FUCK YOU to the haqters, she knows about it . I saw a gif set where she was ask to sign a Grammy photo and she says, "I can't sign that, sorry. I know about that". I felt so sorry for her and now I'm not going to make fun of her lack of Grammy's.

I'm spilling the true tea  :morning:

And I think Katy deserves a Grammy, so she can say FUCK YOU to the haqters, she knows about it . I saw a gif set where she was ask to sign a Grammy photo and she says, "I can't sign that, sorry. I know about that". I felt so sorry for her and now I'm not going to make fun of her lack of Grammy's.

She doesn't deserve a Grammy tho. At best, her songs have lyrics like "It's not like the movies/That's how it should be" and at worst they're "I wanna see your peacock cock cock, your peacock" and "I kissed a girl and I liked it". She can't sing or dance and the only reason she's famous is her bra size. :morning:

She doesn't deserve a Grammy tho. At best, her songs have lyrics like "It's not like the movies/That's how it should be" and at worst they're "I wanna see your peacock cock cock, your peacock" and "I kissed a girl and I liked it". She can't sing or dance and the only reason she's famous is her bra size. :morning:

Just like Gaga is famous for her ourtfits?  :morning:

Guest JealousGirl

Just like Gaga is famous for her ourtfits?  :morning:

Gaga's famous because she's an artist who can sing live, dance, and write her own music. Plus, she has a brain.

She's not just a twat with a mic.

Katy has hits and a mic, but she has nothing else.

We all know Britney is queen anyway though and if she releases a single soon, she'll own this half.

:tan: