Lisa Marie Presley, Daughter of Elvis Presley, Dead at 54

• Heartbreak Anthem changed the title to Lisa Marie Presley, Daughter of Elvis Presley, Dead at 54
27 minutes ago, ClubValentine said:

Truly so sad! First Elvis, then Lisa’s son. Their family is plagued by so much death. Praying for all of them during this extremely difficult time. 

It must be hard for Priscilla to have lost so many people close to her, and all before their time :( Keeping her in my thoughts

I don’t believe she ever got over her son’s suicide and that (combined to the resurgence of interest in her fathers death and the obligation to endlessly confront that in the name of movie promotion) caused her to want to numb the pain, which I suspect led to her relapsing and ultimately placing too much pressure on her already broken heart.

I still vaguely remember asking my mother why she was crying as she reacted to the announcement of Elvis’s death over a transistor radio, whilst I was too young to have any concept of what he and his music meant to her generation and in some small way the death of Lisa Marie (being announced years later by Alexa), feels like a kind of Deja-vu.

I hope Lisa Marie is now at peace, finally reunited with her father and son.

1 hour ago, Dax Diameter said:

I don’t believe she ever got over her son’s suicide and that (combined to the resurgence of interest in her fathers death and the obligation to endlessly confront that in the name of movie promotion) caused her to want to numb the pain, which I suspect led to her relapsing and ultimately placing too much pressure on her already broken heart.

I still vaguely remember asking my mother why she was crying as she reacted to the announcement of Elvis’s death over a transistor radio, whilst I was too young to have any concept of what he and his music meant to her generation and in some small way the death of Lisa Marie (being announced years later by Alexa), feels like a kind of Deja-vu.

I hope Lisa Marie is now at peace, finally reunited with her father and son.

Has she talked about her substance use before? All I really know about Lisa Marie is in association with MJ and how messily that turned out

5 hours ago, Leaving said:

Has she talked about her substance use before? All I really know about Lisa Marie is in association with MJ and how messily that turned out

She was also notably married to Nicholas Cage amongst others and (publicly admitted) to a cocaine addiction between the ages of 13 to 17, at least five stints in rehab and later on experienced opioid addiction, some of which is summarised here.

https://www.nickiswift.com/1166427/inside-lisa-marie-presleys-history-with-addiction/

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/1652954/lisa-marie-presley-health-elvis-opioid-addiction-symptoms-treatment/amp

Her life in pictures:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2023/01/13/style/lisa-marie-presley-photos.amp.html

.. Also, one of her best songs (about her father), touching on where she too will now be buried, from her own successful Sheryl Crow inflected solo music career:

Edited by Dax Diameter
Additional info.

On 1/14/2023 at 8:48 PM, Dax Diameter said:

She was also notably married to Nicholas Cage amongst others and (publicly admitted) to a cocaine addiction between the ages of 13 to 17, at least five stints in rehab and later on experienced opioid addiction, some of which is summarised here.

https://www.nickiswift.com/1166427/inside-lisa-marie-presleys-history-with-addiction/

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/1652954/lisa-marie-presley-health-elvis-opioid-addiction-symptoms-treatment/amp

Her life in pictures:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2023/01/13/style/lisa-marie-presley-photos.amp.html

.. Also, one of her best songs (about her father), touching on where she too will now be buried, from her own successful Sheryl Crow inflected solo music career:

How the hell does someone even get access to cocaine at 13? The poor girl was set up to fail from the get go... :( 

I'm pleasantly surprised by her voice though. Very different from her dad but still pretty strong.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Leaving said:

How the hell does someone even get access to cocaine at 13? The poor girl was set up to fail from the get go... :( 

I'm pleasantly surprised by her voice though. Very different from her dad but still pretty strong.

The same way young kids were visiting Studio 54 while doing Annie on Broadway. Adults don't give two-shits about kids. It's out there. Once you find it, it's out there.

7 hours ago, Heartbreak Anthem said:

The same way young kids were visiting Studio 54 while doing Annie on Broadway. Adults don't give two-shits about kids. It's out there. Once you find it, it's out there.

Totally insane. I understand the dealers not caring about who they sell to, but where the hell are the parents? Who just sends their kid to work all day and doesn't even bat an eyelid when they're not home for dinner because they're out doing coke at 13? Someone should have called CPS

On 1/18/2023 at 11:29 PM, Leaving said:

You are no doubt familiar with the early “Terminator” films? During that point in Lisa Marie’s life, Her Mother’s boyfriend was the actor who later went on to play the original John Connor (a pivotal character from that film franchise). It appears he allegedly attempted to groom Lisa Marie and may (or may not) have also supplied her with Class A drugs from the age of 10.

If not supplied by him, it would appear Lisa Marie sourced them to alleviate the pain and trauma of escaping his attempted abuse.

I don’t know at what point her Mother became aware of what was happening to Lisa Marie but she dumped him when Lisa Marie was 16 (presumably as soon as she found out).

Bizarrely, I can’t find reference to him receiving criminal charges though he apparently wrote a book (which Lisa Marie later responded to in a 2003 interview).

When Lisa Marie was around 15, her Mother (a devout Scientologist for 40 years up until 2017), got offered a role in the then popular American soap “Dallas” and became busy with that.

Most people are aware of how messed up Drew Barrymore’s childhood was, but even that is a far more diluted tale of childhood trauma than Lisa Marie’s.

Edited by Dax Diameter
Refinement.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2023 at 12:11 AM, Dax Diameter said:

You are no doubt familiar with the early “Terminator” films? During that point in Lisa Marie’s life, Her Mother’s boyfriend was the actor who later went on to play the original John Connor (a pivotal character from that film franchise). It appears he allegedly attempted to groom Lisa Marie and may (or may not) have also supplied her with Class A drugs from the age of 10.

If not supplied by him, it would appear Lisa Marie sourced them to alleviate the pain and trauma of escaping his attempted abuse.

I don’t know at what point her Mother became aware of what was happening to Lisa Marie but she dumped him when Lisa Marie was 16 (presumably as soon as she found out).

Bizarrely, I can’t find reference to him receiving criminal charges though he apparently wrote a book (which Lisa Marie later responded to in a 2003 interview).

When Lisa Marie was around 15, her Mother (a devout Scientologist for 40 years up until 2017), got offered a role in the then popular American soap “Dallas” and became busy with that.

Most people are aware of how messed up Drew Barrymore’s childhood was, but even that is a far more diluted tale of childhood trauma than Lisa Marie’s.

How horrible. Again, without any judgement to Priscilla I have to question how any mother would leave their child with someone who she probably at least suspected was on drugs to go and film a TV show without any responsible adult supervision. A lot of this shit could have been avoided if the parents were simply doing their job

• Like 1