Cruel Youth - "Devil In Paradise" EP (Shelved)

ckarliak

94bc275b1e51110c7850f8e753687ba4.png

Seeing this EP slowly starting to leak, thought I'd make this thread :)

1. Devil In Paradise (originally titled "With the Devil" and was for pitching, released)

2. Portrait of a Female (originally titled "Hands Are Tied", released)

3. White Dior (was reworked for a further yet another scrapped CY project, leaked)

4. Childish (was played in an Instagram live, partially leaked)

5. Smash (leaked)

6. Fabergé (partially leaked)

7. Power Lines (unleaked)

8. Very Beige (partially leaked)

Edited by ckarliak
  • Like 4
  • YAAASSS 1

14 hours ago, JudahSoCutah said:

where did the devil in paradise being a pitching song info come from?

https://guitargirlmag.com/news/music-news/cruel-youth-releases-devil-in-paradise/

“I started writing this song with my husband Willy after I had just met with Ronnie Spector – my idol from the band The Ronettes. We saw her play a show in the city right after she’d done Glastonbury Festival, 50 years after her first hit – she was my everything! After a 2 hour meeting in a grand hotel uptown, I agreed to try write an EP of original songs for her. She was so kind to me, and I was captured by her memoir detailing her escape from her horrifically abusive marriage to Phil Spector, her producer and also punisher. She barely made it out alive, and moved back to NYC to start her life over… while Phil Spector went on to shoot dead another woman, and remains in prison for murder. Her strength inspired me to write this song, but when I started writing the lyrics I found myself drenched in the truths I had prayed to never face, and I realized it couldn’t be for anyone else but me.”

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ckarliak said:

https://guitargirlmag.com/news/music-news/cruel-youth-releases-devil-in-paradise/

“I started writing this song with my husband Willy after I had just met with Ronnie Spector – my idol from the band The Ronettes. We saw her play a show in the city right after she’d done Glastonbury Festival, 50 years after her first hit – she was my everything! After a 2 hour meeting in a grand hotel uptown, I agreed to try write an EP of original songs for her. She was so kind to me, and I was captured by her memoir detailing her escape from her horrifically abusive marriage to Phil Spector, her producer and also punisher. She barely made it out alive, and moved back to NYC to start her life over… while Phil Spector went on to shoot dead another woman, and remains in prison for murder. Her strength inspired me to write this song, but when I started writing the lyrics I found myself drenched in the truths I had prayed to never face, and I realized it couldn’t be for anyone else but me.”

tyyy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/4/2022 at 12:27 PM, ckarliak said:

94bc275b1e51110c7850f8e753687ba4.png

Seeing this EP slowly starting to leak, thought I'd make this thread :)

1. Devil In Paradise (originally titled "With the Devil" and was for pitching, released)

2. Portrait of a Female (originally titled "Hands Are Tied", released)

3. White Dior (was reworked for a further yet another scrapped CY project, leaked)

4. Childish (was played in an Instagram live, partially leaked)

5. Smash (leaked)

6. Fabergé (partially leaked)

7. Power Lines (unleaked)

8. Very Beige (partially leaked)

• 3 months later...