Hilary Duff Reveals She Tested Positive for COVID-19: 'Happy to Be Vaxxed'

GettyImages-1169862705.jpg

Hilary Duff announced she has tested positive for the coronavirus.

The actress posted a picture of herself lying in bed on her Instagram stories Friday with a caption calling the Delta variant a “little bitch.” She added, “Symptoms: bad headache. No taste or smell. Sinus Pressure. Brain fog. Happy to be vaxxed.”

Duff is currently filming How I Met Your Father, the Hulu spinoff to How I Met Your Mother. Her diagnosis comes just days after Duff shared a picture of her on location alongside fellow cast members Chris Lowell, Francia Raisa, Tom Ainsley, Tien Tran, Suraj Sharma, and Brandon Michael Hall. The caption teased, “Who’s ready for us??? We may or may not have been sitting in front of a certain someones apartment.”

When reached by The Hollywood Reporter, a Hulu spokesperson declined comment.

The 10-episode series How I Met Your Father is set to follow Duff’s character, Sophia, who explains to her son how she met his father, and her close-knit group of friends. The comedy was given a straight-to-series pickup in April. 

Duff’s breakthrough case came a day after fellow actress Melissa Joan Hart also informed her Instagram followers that she had tested positive for COVID-19. “I am vaccinated and I got COVID, and it’s bad,” Hart said. She shared that one of her symptoms is difficulty breathing. 

x

• Shook 1

On 8/23/2021 at 2:46 AM, Skinny Legend said:

Damn. This is really bad timing for her given her new show. Seems like she can't catch a break on TV.

Isn't this the second time a report like this has come out? Wasn't she exposed when she was working on Younger?

13 hours ago, shout87 said:

Maybe her and Matthew should be safe in the studio making a new album or 10. Just saying ?

I'm surprised Matthew Koma hasn't influenced her to go back in the studio and work on new music; I feel like he'd encourage her to re-purpose the "Chasing the Sun" and "All About You" sound I feel like she wanted to do before RCA made a shift.

2 hours ago, Ruthless Love said:

Isn't this the second time a report like this has come out? Wasn't she exposed when she was working on Younger?

I'm surprised Matthew Koma hasn't influenced her to go back in the studio and work on new music; I feel like he'd encourage her to re-purpose the "Chasing the Sun" and "All About You" sound I feel like she wanted to do before RCA made a shift.

Was she? She's so unlucky...COVID on Younger, her Younger spin off cancelled, the Lizzie reboot cancelled and now COVID a few days into shooting her new show :cackle: The universe is against her rn!