Soundboard Origins

Curiosity I am wondering how soundboard files come to light

I know years ago people would tap into fm transmissions/bluetooth but now most of these methods are obviously protected how do these files get leaked and how would one get hold of an upcoming show?

8 hours ago, 012001 said:

Curiosity I am wondering how soundboard files come to light

I know years ago people would tap into fm transmissions/bluetooth but now most of these methods are obviously protected how do these files get leaked and how would one get hold of an upcoming show?

Some people still tap into broadcasts, rehearsals, etc

• Like 1

I always get the impression most of them come from technicians (like the people who worked on the filming or the lighting or whatever) who collect them as keepsakes. But I also know a Spice Girls tour leaked because some of the dancers had the screen recordings as part of their resumé, so maybe they send them around to everyone who worked on the show?

• Like 1

Not sure specifically about pop recordings, but in rock- some bands are ok with fans plugging in a recorder to the mixing board to tape for personal/non-commercial trading. A lot of that is knowing either the band or the venue’s technicians or technicians though. 

• Like 1