Music Releases related to The Masked Singer

808Dream

Correct me if I'm wrong, out of all the US series, AU & UK shows, up to now, Daughtry was the only artist to officially release a cover song he performed on the show (Sia's Alive). 

Is that right, or has sb else also released something? 

Edited by lorekarma

• 808Dream changed the title to Music Releases related to The Masked Singer
1 hour ago, lorekarma said:

What a wasted opportunity

Agreed. I considered ripping the audio from the segments, but it would be annoying hearing the judge’s chatter. ?Oh- did you catch Sophie Ellis-Bextor? Absolutely LOVE her, but that cover of “Don’t Start Now” was just wonky! Too bad she didn’t have a longer stint to show off her skills!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, 365MM said:

Agreed. I considered ripping the audio from the segments, but it would be annoying hearing the judge’s chatter. ?Oh- did you catch Sophie Ellis-Bextor? Absolutely LOVE her, but that cover of “Don’t Start Now” was just wonky! Too bad she didn’t have a longer stint to show off her skills!

I wouldn't dl the songs from yt, bad quality, crowd cheering, judges chatting, just 2 min of length... 

They could release compilations with the best songs, full studio recordings, I'd go for that! 

Sophie Ellis bextor is so underrated 

• YAAASSS 1

I've only watched clips of Nicola Roberts up until recently, but I saw Mel B put in a performance the other day of 'Can't Get You Out Of My Head'.

My problem with the songs is that they're all so heavily and badly Autotuned...Mel's in particular sounded sooo off to me, especially because she was altering her voice already to throw people off the scent. It's a shame because I love both of these girls and I'd love more live performances from them but the editing makes it almost unlistenable imo.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Skinny Legend said:

I've only watched clips of Nicola Roberts up until recently, but I saw Mel B put in a performance the other day of 'Can't Get You Out Of My Head'.

My problem with the songs is that they're all so heavily and badly Autotuned...Mel's in particular sounded sooo off to me, especially because she was altering her voice already to throw people off the scent. It's a shame because I love both of these girls and I'd love more live performances from them but the editing makes it almost unlistenable imo.

Fair points. Some ppl have such unique voices it might be too easy to guess if they didn’t, though by editing, that does kinda negate their individuality. ?Maybe it really is the medium of seeing the costumes and guessing more than performance. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Skinny Legend said:

Yeah that's true, quite a lot performances are unlistenable, but some would sound great as full studio recordings. 

I loved Daughtry's Rocky version of Alive. 

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, 365MM said:

Fair points. Some ppl have such unique voices it might be too easy to guess if they didn’t, though by editing, that does kinda negate their individuality. ?Maybe it really is the medium of seeing the costumes and guessing more than performance. 

hey man i stepped into your Kylie Unreleased 4 post, well Music Always Loves You sounds pretty cool, have you found out if it's legit or fan made?

22 minutes ago, lorekarma said:

hey man i stepped into your Kylie Unreleased 4 post, well Music Always Loves You sounds pretty cool, have you found out if it's legit or fan made?

I did not come to a conclusion. There aren’t more lyrics (the vocals are likely just repeated) and the song is billed as ‘extended’, so I’m leaning towards well-done fan made. @Skinny Legend seemed to agree too. It could be the original full, but I really don’t know. There wasn’t much conversation so I deleted the link, but I’ll repost it when I get home so you can judge for yourself, if you’d like. I really like it but I do wish there were more different lyrics. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 365MM said:

I did not come to a conclusion. There aren’t more lyrics (the vocals are likely just repeated) and the song is billed as ‘extended’, so I’m leaning towards well-done fan made. @Skinny Legend seemed to agree too. It could be the original full, but I really don’t know. There wasn’t much conversation so I deleted the link, but I’ll repost it when I get home so you can judge for yourself, if you’d like. I really like it but I do wish there were more different lyrics. 

i like it too, i found a youtube video which clocks around 3.00 mins, shorter that the extended mix

• 1 month later...