Disney Officially Announces Disney+ Streaming Service

Disney_Logo_On_Background-614x346.png

Disney has officially announced their own streaming service to compete with the likes of Netflix and Hulu! Along with their plans to release the service in November, they've also announced some of the new titles they're creating for the service. These titles will be additional to the catalogue of Disney, Marvel, Lucasfilm, and Fox films and series that have already been released.

From Marvel Studios:

• The Falcon and The Winter Soldier, a live-action series with Anthony Mackie returning as Falcon and Sebastian Stan reprising his role as Winter Soldier
  • WandaVision, a live-action series with Elizabeth Olsen returning as Wanda Maximoff and Paul Bettany reprising his role as The Vision
  • Loki, a live-action series with Tom Hiddleston
  • Hawkeye, a live-action series with Jeremy Renner
  • Moon Knight, an MCU series
  • Ms. Marvel, an MCU series
  • She-Hulk, an MCU series
  • Marvel’s What If…?, the first animated series from Marvel Studios and takes inspiration from the comic books of the same name. Each episode will explore a pivotal moment from the Marvel Cinematic Universe and turn it on its head, leading the audience into uncharted territory.

From LucasFilm:

• The Mandalorian, the world’s first scripted live-action Star Wars series
  • The exclusive new season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars
  • The untitled Cassian Andor (Rogue One: A Star Wars Story) series starring Diego Luna and Alan Tudyk

From Walt Disney Animation Studios:

• Into the Unknown: Making Frozen 2, a documentary series showing the hard work and imagination that go into making one of the most highly anticipated Walt Disney Animation Studios features of all time

From Pixar Animation Studios:

• Toy Story-based project Forky Asks a Question
  • An animated short series based on Toy Story
  • The short Toy Story film Lamp Life
  • Monsters at Work, a Monsters Inc. series

From the live action catalogue:

• Lady and the Tramp, a live-action remake
  • Peter Pan, a live-action remake
  • The Sword in the Stone, a live-action remake
  • Sister Act 3
  • Cheaper by the Dozen reboot
  • Diary of a Wimpy Kid reboot
  • Home Alone reboot
  • Night at the Museum reboot
  • The Parent Trap reboot
  • Muppets Live Another Day
  • Noelle
  • Togo
  • Timmy Failure
  • Stargirl
  • Book of Enchantment
  • Secret Society of Second Born Royals
  • Untitled Love, Simon series
  • Untitled Mighty Ducks series
  • Untitled The Sandlot series
  • Diary of a Female President

From Disney Channel:

• High School Musical: The Musical: The Series
  • The Phineas and Ferb Movie (working title), an animated film featuring many of the original voice cast
  • Lizzie McGuire, season 3 - A reboot of Lizzie McGuire starring Hilary Duff as a 30 year old Lizzie living in New York

From National Geographic:

• The World According to Jeff Goldblum, a documentary series where Goldblum pulls back the curtain on a seemingly familiar object to reveal a world of astonishing connections, fascinating science and a whole lot of big ideas
  • Magic of the Animal Kingdom, a documentary series which takes viewers behind the scenes with the highly respected animal-care experts, veterinarians and biologists at Disney’s Animal Kingdom and Epcot’s SeaBase aquarium

Nonfiction series also announced earlier this week include Be Our Chef, Cinema Relics: Iconic Art of the Movies (working title), Earthkeepers (working title), Encore!, the untitled Walt Disney Imagineering documentary series, Marvel’s 616, Marvel’s Hero Project, (Re)Connect, Rogue Trip and Shop Class (working title).

Additionally, Disney+ announced that all 30 seasons of The Simpsons will be available on the service on day one. In the service’s first year, audiences will also have access to family-friendly Fox titles like The Sound of Music, The Princess Bride and Malcolm in the Middle as part of an impressive collection of more than 7,500 television episodes and 500 films including blockbuster hits from 2019 and beyond.

What do you guys think of the service? Will you be signing up when it's released? Let us know! :wink: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rymc730 said:

I would love it if they included some of the older DCOMs of the late 90s/early 2000s, as well as some of their original shows from that time. 

I'm 100% sure they will! I really think they're gonna milk everything in their catalogue for all it's worth.

10 hours ago, Cypher said:

I'm here for the Falcon/Winter Soldier team up...but I don't want to pay for yet another streaming service...

I know what you mean. I'm definitely gonna have to start subscribing to these services for just a couple of months at a time and then alternate the other one in once I've watched everything I'm interested in. ;) 

2 hours ago, Just Fun said:

It's a very good news ! :D

I can finally get the 1080p without tag movies that i miss like Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen and Life-Size (+ many other) who will be available on illegal sites very quickly i guess. 
Same with some series i miss in french language like The Suite Life of Zack & Cody (Season 3), etc. By the way, i hope some series will be also available in 1080p (Hannah MontanaThe Suite Life of Zack & Cody, and so many more omg). 

I wonder if the movie Song of the South would be available ?
I hope so, and in 1080p, like that my collection of main Disney will be complete. 

I can't wait ! 
I'm ready.

6drX.gif&key=0232f541019968f0c4b023dca79

I think Song of the South is probably the only movie they won't include! :cackle: It hasn't even been released to DVD or video, has it?

14 hours ago, Skinny Legend said:

I know what you mean. I'm definitely gonna have to start subscribing to these services for just a couple of months at a time and then alternate the other one in once I've watched everything I'm interested in. ;) 

They're basically reinventing television channels merged with on-demand. If you think about it, in maybe 7-10 years from now, we'll look back and wonder how we ever dealt with all this shit. I would expect all of this to be settled...like having shows beamed directly into our heads.

• Sad 1

• 4 months later...

The D23 Expo over the weekend has revealed a lot more information!

Added to the list are:

• Lizzie McGuire, season 3 - A reboot of Lizzie McGuire starring Hilary Duff as a 30 year old Lizzie living in New York :excited: 
  • Moon Knight, an MCU series
  • Ms. Marvel, an MCU series
  • She-Hulk, an MCU series
  • An untitled Love, Simon spinoff series
  • An untitled Obi-Wan Kenobi series featuring Ewan McGregor

I'm looking forward to all of these but obviously I'm most excited for Lizzie. :hail: I just have no idea how they're gonna continue this story...Is she still gonna be an Italian popstar? :stretcher: