Fun little piece on 10th anniv of Blackout

VeryModern

I definitely was NOT a Brit fan but I had no hesitation in procuring this amazing album. This will be an unpopular statement but only after this album could I appreciate anything from her besides "Toxic". It did not, however, prime me for being into her material afterwards.

http://www.thefader.com/2017/09/27/britney-spears-blackout-interview-10-year-anniversary-2007

I'm shook that it's already been ten years since the best pop album of all time was released! :shocked: It's crazy how current and edgy this album still sounds even a decade later. I wonder if they intentionally released it this close to Halloween given how dark the whole vibe is and the gothic photoshoot they did for it? :orly: 

This was one of the first digital releases I "purchased" (there was actually an error on some website that allowed procurement of music at 100% discount, legally at the site's expense, I presume). I don't have the booklet for it and haven't seen the pix. I still tend to buy physical when I can, as I enjoy leafing through the liner notes especially when they detail musicians, backing singers, and all that good stuff. 

I struggle with it being called a best pop album of all times. I can think of lots that I love more. I do think it's a fantastic album - but that's quite a robust accolade!

It was supposed to be released in mid-Nov (I presume for Christmas market) but they moved it two weeks earlier due to leaks. I thought maybe that gawdawful VMA performance was around the same time as the album release, but no, that was in early September. Maybe people were clamouring for the album hoping to see a trainwreck... what a great surprise to the contrary they must've had if so!

Here's another arti from the 5th year anni! http://www.mtv.com/news/2250461/britney-spears-blackout-mysteries/ luv the demo for Cold as Fire (Hot As Ice). And how 'bout Robyn on bvs for Piece of Me?

I was 6 or 7 at the time and Blackout was really my first Britney era. I started liking her music a year before the release of the album since they were constantly airing her old music videos on television and I remember disliking her newer stuffs because they were too sexy and provocative for me :lol: While I did enjoy the singles from Blackout when I was a kid, it took me a few years to really get into the album as a whole and thank god I've seen the light because Blackout is really a masterpiece :hail: