LADY GAGA replaced at.. EUROVISION

Third Eye

Ukrainian media reports that international music star Lady Gaga was due to perform in the Eurovision 2017 final, but was replaced by Ruslana.

According to Igor Tarnopolsky, the manager of Eurovision 2016 winner Jamala, Lady Gaga was selected to perform as the interval act for the final of Eurovision 2017. According to Mr Tarnopolsky, he had been informed that Lady Gaga was performing by Stuart Barlow the show Producer in April.

Lady Gaga had agreed to participate in the event as the main interval act, but did not demand a fee to perform as part of the show. Instead a rider of between 100,000 and 200,000 USD was required to ensure that she would take part. However according to Mr Tarnopolsky, room in the budget for the fee was not found and Lady Gaga was then dropped as the interval act.

Replacing Lady Gaga in her spot during the final was Ruslana the winner of the Eurovision Song Contest 2004. She performed her new single “It’s Magical” during the Grand Final, she was one of three guest artists to perform including Jamala and ONUKA.

- Eurovoix

so the rumors were fucking true! No budget no Gaga, that wouldn't have happened in Sweden, imo

:orly::orly::orly:

I'm super surprised to hear this! I feel like getting big US popstars wasn't a thing in Eurovision before JT, right? So I just assumed it was a one off thing.

But it seems like weird timing for Gaga given she's filming her movie and looking after her friend who's just died of cancer... :stretcher: It would have been great to have a live performance of 'The Cure' to jam to tho.

1 hour ago, Countess said:

I'm super surprised to hear this! I feel like getting big US popstars wasn't a thing in Eurovision before JT, right? So I just assumed it was a one off thing.

But it seems like weird timing for Gaga given she's filming her movie and looking after her friend who's just died of cancer... :stretcher: It would have been great to have a live performance of 'The Cure' to jam to tho.

she asked for a lot of money, they didn't have it so that's why, they tried to pull out a Stockholm edition and they failed

48 minutes ago, Dayfid said:

As if Gaga was going to fly all the way to Europe for a single performance while she's busy filming A Star Is Born. lol.

She would for that money, Justin T did it last year, and it's not just a performance is the biggest music festival in the world and the oldest

10 hours ago, Dayfid said:

As if Gaga was going to fly all the way to Europe for a single performance while she's busy filming A Star Is Born. lol.

To be fair she did that for Coachella... :stretcher: They could have even filmed scenes for ASIB on the Eurovision stage like they did there!

• 3 weeks later...
On 22.5.2017 at 2:10 PM, Countess said:

Gaga, Justin... have no business being there, if you ask me. Mainstream US pop stars has nothing to do with Eurovision whatsoever. It just feels so wrong.