The Handmaid's Tale

Main Pop Girl

Maybe this is a bit of a long shot because I know the gays on PHF don't like watching anything other than Real Housewives... :cackle:

But has anyone been watching this flawless new show on Hulu? If not, you better get into it. :morning: It's thematically terrifying, visually stunning and acted brilliantly! I can't wait to see the next episode. :excited: 

4 hours ago, FREAK said:

The trailer looks awesome, I might start watching this :yaskween:

I still need to finish The Walking Dead tho, I'm still only at epsiode 4 of season 6 

Omg, I gave up on TWD in like season three. :stretcher: It's such a good show but it's so intense to binge watch! I can't believe they're on six seasons already, I have a lot of catching up to do. :o 

1 hour ago, Love said:

My english teacher recommended this book to my class, its a really good book! 

Hopefully I can get into the show!!

Omg, I really wanna read the book but I'm waiting to finish the show first because I don't wanna spoil it for myself! I'm dying to know the ending tho, I just wanna skip to the last page and read the ending. :evil: Hope you like the show boo! <3 

2 hours ago, Countess said:

Omg, I gave up on TWD in like season three. :stretcher: It's such a good show but it's so intense to binge watch! I can't believe they're on six seasons already, I have a lot of catching up to do. :o 

Omg, I really wanna read the book but I'm waiting to finish the show first because I don't wanna spoil it for myself! I'm dying to know the ending tho, I just wanna skip to the last page and read the ending. :evil: Hope you like the show boo! <3 

Ik I started watching TWD at like, the beginning of March, and I just started season 6 :stretcher: And I need to be done with TWD in time for GoT :stretcher: I hope I can fit The Handmaids Tale somewhere in between

I didn't know that there was a book, I might read it before I watch the show :) 

19 minutes ago, FREAK said:

Yess! You should, im sure theres parts in the book they skipped in the show, so its worth the read.

In most cases the book > the show. 

• YAAASSS 2

2 hours ago, Love said:

Yess! You should, im sure theres parts in the book they skipped in the show, so its worth the read.

In most cases the book > the show. 

The book is always better ofc, and I always read the book a movie/show is based on

I hate when they skip parts of the book on the screen, it can really fuck up the plot in some cases :angry:

• YAAASSS 2

8 hours ago, BeyonceKnowles said:

I wanna watch it but I'm terrified enough by the real world, the thought of a fake world that's somehow worse just gives me anxiety :wut:

:cackle: I know what you mean sis! The creepy thing about this show is that the world is so similiar to ours but completely twisted...It's not some complete fantasy land like Star Wars where everything's different, it's close enough to ours to feel as though these things could happen any day. :/ 

6 hours ago, FREAK said:

Ik I started watching TWD at like, the beginning of March, and I just started season 6 :stretcher: And I need to be done with TWD in time for GoT :stretcher: I hope I can fit The Handmaids Tale somewhere in between

Isn't GOT only like six episodes or something this season? :flush: Hopefully it will be quick to get through for you (although I hate myself for saying that because I always want more episodes of that flawless show :tanya:).

4 hours ago, FREAK said:

The book is always better ofc, and I always read the book a movie/show is based on

I hate when they skip parts of the book on the screen, it can really fuck up the plot in some cases :angry:

Not always tho...Remember Lord of the Rings? :cackle: 

• YAAASSS 2

• 2 weeks later...