39 demos from Kylie Minogue's "X" leaked

Prisoner

• 5 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, ConnectedColor said:

Also gonna mention The One with the original "demo" being released on 2007 on a compilation and Kylie's version on 2008 + the supposed demo being cut (the file labelled as demo being 3:39 when the actual song is around 4:58-5:00)

Never heard this demo of The One before! She kind of even sounds like Kylie! I have to say I prefer the verses in the final version,  but there's something about the production of the demo which is kind of cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have the original, unedited, 3xCD, 49 track complete collection of ‘X’ demos (preferably in lossless), still intact? From before questionable fan logic dictated what did (and did not) matter based on random perceptions of what tracks were hot (and what ones were not) and whether Kylie was on vocals (or not)?

1.Rippin Up The Disco
2.Down Down
3.Nudity (Ruff Edit)
4.Sexual Gold (Demo)
5.Cherry Bomb (Ruff Edit)
6.Heart Beat Rock
7.When The Song Comes On
8.Guess
9.Ooh
10.My Love Is Real
11.Classic Transit
12.I Can't Help That
13.Acid Min
14.Osmondosis
15.Simple Boy
16.One to One (Not Kylie)
17.Give Up To Love (Not Kylie)
18.Never Be Lonely (Not Kylie)
19.To The 9's (Not Kylie)
20.Two Hearts
21.Can't Get Enough (Not Kylie)
22.No More Rain (Demo)
23.In My Arms (Demo)
24.Stars (Demo)
25.What's It Gonna Take?
26.Hush Hush (same as Sexual Gold)
27.Fall For You (Version #1)
28.Fall For You (Version #2)
29.Don't Know What It Is (Demo)
30.Right Here Right Now
31.Ruffle My Feathers
32.Like Love
33.You Make Me Feel
34.The One
35.Love Attack
36.Extra Ordinary Day
37.Something to Believe In
38.Come Down
39.You're Hot
40.Sensitized (Demo)
41.Lose Control
42.Tell You Why (Not Kylie)
43.Like A Drug (Mastermix)[Not Kylie]
44.The Reason (Not Kylie)
45.Into The Light (Not Kylie)
46.Tell It Like It Is (Not Kylie)
47.Tell Me That It's Over (Pitch)
48.We Are (Not Kylie)
49.Drop The Pressure (Not Kylie)

Edited by Dax Diameter
Refinement
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 1

25 minutes ago, ConnectedColor said:

Is this the "mastermix"? asking since it says not kylie and well this is the og writer's demo

I wanna say yes, but don’t close myself to the possibility someone could produce a previously unknown even later stage (pre Kylie vox) production demo & claim it’s that instead.

However, it goes without saying that vocal is obviously not Britney Spears, though she (& not Kylie) was clearly the originally intended recipient of that track.

If only Kylie hadn’t lost her momentum in the U.S. when rejecting “Toxic” in favour of serving them HER perception of R&B and building “Body Language” around that - then perhaps subsequent writers would have been more inclined to wrap their work around Kylie’s style (and not Britney’s), but alas that’s parallel universe stuff.

Edited by Dax Diameter

1 hour ago, Dax Diameter said:

However, it goes without saying that vocal is obviously not Britney Spears, though she (& not Kylie) was clearly the originally intended recipient of that track.

Description mentions it is the writer's demo + the title says "[Demo by Engelina Andrina]", Engelina being the one who sung the demo and co-wrote the track. 

I wouldn't be surprised if more that one "writer's demo" exists not only for Like a Drug but for any other track, but i feel that the whole X demos information can be or is messy, specially when it comes to the "this is not Kylie" thing.

Because these originally leaked in different stages (stemming from over a decade ago) and I have only sporadically given them attention over that time period, there was one from WAY back titled “Excuse My French” (& potentially others) that now appear inexplicably absent from what in the present, is now considered the full 49 track “X”, 3xCDr master list.

Presumably, that track is now absent as it has been re-categorised/ identified in the intervening years as potentially from another era, or for some other reason (anyone know why)?

I vaguely remember some now apparently long forgotten drama over whether Kylie was on lead vocals on that one or not (I happened to believe on that particular track she was - but a certain other group of fans believed otherwise) and even went so far as to apply weird pitch bending vocal effects to it in audacity to alter the vocal to make it sound less like her (and more like a random) to prove a point, leading to not only the music (but the facts of the matter) becoming a distorted (and at least then) unresolved mess!

Regardless of what the truth of that particular vocal ultimately was - that would surely NOT be the reason behind it’s omission from what is now considered the entire 3xCDr master list in this present time, as various other “pitch demos” (that were/ are very obviously NOT Kylie), have got dragged forward into certain fan specific ‘X’ era collections.

Edited by Dax Diameter
Syntax

• 5 months later...
15 hours ago, Robert Zoom said:

Is there any information about these unreleased Kylie Minogue tracks?:

• I'm In The Mood For Love

• Spell Of Desire

• When The Cat's Away

When The Cat's Away is a demo made by Mia J (Same girl as Excuse My French) for Kylie for X, but eventually things got messed up and people thought it was Kylie singing when it was just a demo pitch.

• Shook 1

On 8/21/2022 at 4:27 AM, Dax Diameter said:

Does anyone have the original, unedited, 3xCD, 49 track complete collection of ‘X’ demos (preferably in lossless), still intact? From before questionable fan logic dictated what did (and did not) matter based on random perceptions of what tracks were hot (and what ones were not) and whether Kylie was on vocals (or not)?

1.Rippin Up The Disco
2.Down Down
3.Nudity (Ruff Edit)
4.Sexual Gold (Demo)
5.Cherry Bomb (Ruff Edit)
6.Heart Beat Rock
7.When The Song Comes On
8.Guess
9.Ooh
10.My Love Is Real
11.Classic Transit
12.I Can't Help That
13.Acid Min
14.Osmondosis
15.Simple Boy
16.One to One (Not Kylie)
17.Give Up To Love (Not Kylie)
18.Never Be Lonely (Not Kylie)
19.To The 9's (Not Kylie)
20.Two Hearts
21.Can't Get Enough (Not Kylie)
22.No More Rain (Demo)
23.In My Arms (Demo)
24.Stars (Demo)
25.What's It Gonna Take?
26.Hush Hush (same as Sexual Gold)
27.Fall For You (Version #1)
28.Fall For You (Version #2)
29.Don't Know What It Is (Demo)
30.Right Here Right Now
31.Ruffle My Feathers
32.Like Love
33.You Make Me Feel
34.The One
35.Love Attack
36.Extra Ordinary Day
37.Something to Believe In
38.Come Down
39.You're Hot
40.Sensitized (Demo)
41.Lose Control
42.Tell You Why (Not Kylie)
43.Like A Drug (Mastermix)[Not Kylie]
44.The Reason (Not Kylie)
45.Into The Light (Not Kylie)
46.Tell It Like It Is (Not Kylie)
47.Tell Me That It's Over (Pitch)
48.We Are (Not Kylie)
49.Drop The Pressure (Not Kylie)

oh wait here's the tracklist haha, let me give a try to find most of the non-Kylie tracks

• Like 1
  • Shook 1