Forgotten Old White Guy Upset Over Beyonslay

trayertrash

Travis Tritt, a washed up and forgotten country singer known of his songs... hmm... come to think of it he's not really known for anything remotely relevant, has anyone even spoken his name since the 80s??... took to twitter to share his disapproval of Beyonce performing her country inspired song Daddy Lessons with the legendary country band Dixie Chicks at the Country Music Association Awards. Though several tweets have been removed, the general message still remains.

In past few years years, hard rock legend Steven Tyler, pop artists Kelly Clarkson, pop/r&b artist Justin Timberlake and soulful pop rocker Jason Mraz have performed at the CMAs... as well as the iconic 1998 rock-rapper Kid Rock and several alternate-pop-country artists who do no fit into the traditional sound of country music... (most notably Taylor Swift and Shania Twain - who are often deemed 'not country enough' by traditional country fans)
Travis Tritt was able to able accept hard rock, pop, r&b, rock and rap artists in the past, so what's makes Beyonce different from the rest of them? Why joke about Single Ladies not being traditional country music while not calling out Behind These Hazel Eyes, Dude Looks Like A Lady, Bawitdaba or Cry Me A River for not being tradition country songs? Where was this need to protect country music when those artists performed?
Why does he feel so threatened by the presence of a strong black woman at an award show dominated by Trump supporting country fans with a history of unacceptance towards people of color? I reached out to Travis Tritt on Twitter and Facebook, but he failed to respond.  :morning: 

What does this have to do with race? I don't see in those tweets that he's upset over Beyoncé being POC, Daddy Lessons is country song, but I think they are upset over the artist that are Pop/RnB acts with only one country song trying to steal their spotlight and make it all about them when not so many ppl are into country and that poor awards are the only thing they have, I never heard of Country artist performing at BET, and I don't think it's about race. I don't think he needs to respond to you or any other SJW when you don't have any facts to show, he simply stated his opinion and BeeHIV got upset and attacked everyone for no reason, like when they attacked Rita Ora

2 hours ago, Beautiful Mind said:

What does this have to do with race? I don't see in those tweets that he's upset over Beyoncé being POC, Daddy Lessons is country song, but I think they are upset over the artist that are Pop/RnB acts with only one country song trying to steal their spotlight and make it all about them when not so many ppl are into country and that poor awards are the only thing they have, I never heard of Country artist performing at BET, and I don't think it's about race. I don't think he needs to respond to you or any other SJW when you don't have any facts to show, he simply stated his opinion and BeeHIV got upset and attacked everyone for no reason, like when they attacked Rita Ora

aP0qrIP.gif?noredirect 

• YAAASSS 3

Justin Timberlake doesn't have a country song yet Travis never felt the need to discuss a pop/r&b artists (same genre Beyonce sings) being at the CMAs at any time in the past. She didn't perform solo, she performed with one of the most successful country bands of all time - like all the other artists I mentioned above. He may not have mentioned race, but there's some lowkey racism in being upset over a black woman who doesn't predominately sing country music and not showing that anger towards anyone else over the years who all happen to be white. The CMAs and country music have a long history of racism you should probably read up on to understand why this was possibly racist. To ignore country music's racism is as ignorant as saying you don't see race. :morning: 

Also, plenty of white pop artists have performed at the BET awards.  While there may not have outright country artists, BET has always been welcoming of different races and genres and artists that fuse genres. Many black artists recognized in the past have worked with country artists or have put out country music. The need for that awards show comes from a history of black artists not being treated fairly, not having proper representation or even recognized on other awards shows - which is something that has only started to change is recent years.  If the current progressiveness in music continues to happen there may not need to be a BET awards a decade from now - but that'll never happen if there's not proper representation doesn't exists. The Grammy board itself consists of mostly Jim Crow era white men, several of who have direct links to the KKK and other anti-non-white hate groups. 

Also x2 CMT completely removed any trace of Beyonce on their site even though she had one of the most praised performances and (allegedly, can't confirm) more people watched her performances live than any other... why do that with her but no other artists in the past, ever??

14 minutes ago, trayertrash said:

Justin Timberlake doesn't have a country song yet Travis never felt the need to discuss a pop/r&b artists (same genre Beyonce sings) being at the CMAs at any time in the past. She didn't perform solo, she performed with one of the most successful country bands of all time - like all the other artists I mentioned above. He may not have mentioned race, but there's some lowkey racism in being upset over a black woman who doesn't predominately sing country music and not showing that anger towards anyone else over the years who all happen to be white. The CMAs and country music have a long history of racism you should probably read up on to understand why this was possibly racist. To ignore country music's racism is as ignorant as saying you don't see race. :morning: 

Also, plenty of white pop artists have performed at the BET awards.  While there may not have outright country artists, BET has always been welcoming of different races and genres and artists that fuse genres. Many black artists recognized in the past have worked with country artists or have put out country music. The need for that awards show comes from a history of black artists not being treated fairly, not having proper representation or even recognized on other awards shows - which is something that has only started to change is recent years.  If the current progressiveness in music continues to happen there may not need to be a BET awards a decade from now - but that'll never happen if there's not proper representation doesn't exists. The Grammy board itself consists of mostly Jim Crow era white men, several of who have direct links to the KKK and other anti-non-white hate groups. 

If you look at his tweets you can see he discussed about other artists too (Elton John is one of them) You can't just paint someone racist just because he doesen't like Beyonce, that is some MTV Franchesca Ramsey shit, people throw word racist way too much today, Justin has some songs that are country like Drink You Away but Bey really has only Daddy Lessons which was done by idk how many songwriters with the prepared demo, Bey steals the spotlight on all the important awards (Grammy, Vma etc) and everybody knows she will if she shows up on CMA, they have only that show, and they don't wanna be overshadowed by someone who needs 666  songwriters & is not even doing Country, It would be the same if they sent Gaga (Ignore Joanne album) 

He said he's complained in the past but where's the proof? I couldn't find any tweets, facebook posts or interviews about previous non-country performers - which is something I spent almost a hour doing last night before even posting this - nothing was said about Elton John until after he made Beyonce comments (he also has a lowkey homophobic line in a song so that could possibly be a reason he name dropped Elton tbh, but that's another discussion ) 

I didn't label him an outright racist, I questioned why he felt the need to speak out against Beyonce but not any other non-country artists in the past and mentioned that country music as a whole has a long history of racism, particularly the eras he was raised and popular in. He can be against Beyonce's performance without being racist, but only having proof of a dislike of non-country performers surface after Beyonce's performance is what needs to be questioned. There's nothing wrong with critiquing it or not wanting non-country artists at a country awards show, not wanting Beyonce there doesn't make someone racist, it's the lack of evidence of dislike of other performers. Plus, CMT erasing Beyonce from their site and 1000s of viewers having issues with black performers is racist. People were protesting over Darius Rucker winning artists of the year and boycotted the show the next year even though he sings nothing but country music now.

Anyway...  someone can say something problematic without being a racist, but doesn't mean there's not a subtle hint of racism in it. In fact, I applaud Travis Tritt for being one for the few country artists of his time to perform with black artists. BUT that doesn't mean this situation shouldn't be questioned. Banking off of others doesn't give you a racism-free card. 

You can't necceseraly prove a thought with something, I don't know how old the guy is but I suppose back at his age Twitter & Facebook weren't popular as today? People are assuming he's racist because he is white, but honestly I don't see anything racist, he said he was against Elton John & Sting, it's enough, people close to him or his co-workers probably can confirm that, but I don't see the point of it since he only stated his opinion and Beyonce happened to be black, I think people would go crazy if he performed instead of Beyonce or Taylor on Grammys just cause one of his collaborators is doing Pop, I don't like the whole racist until proved innocent idea of todays generation! If they sent her to some Heavy Metal Award show people would probably do the same cause most of the people (At least the ones I personally know)  who listen Heavy Metal music don't like pop or idk

All of the performances I said have been within the past few years when he's been active on social media. If he felt disapproval of past performances it seems he would've publicly shared them since he's pretty open about his opinions all the time anyway. Country artists perform at the Grammys tho? They have for decades so idk what you're even trying to say with that. As I said before, I never outright called him a racist and even applauded his past works, I said that this discussion itself is based around a racist set of views held in country music. You can say something lowkey racist without being racist. I don't see how you're not getting that??

The closest thing to a metal awards show is the Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame which has inducted rock, metal, country, pop, jazz and rap artists. Metal heads typically don't like generic pop artists because of their meaningless lyrics, but there's a general respect for all genres since metal is a fusion of so many types of music. A lot of big names in metal (as well as fans) respect the hell out of Lady Gaga. Shit, Bruce Dickinson, probably the single most influential metal singer of the past 30 years loves Gaga and has praised her on multiple occasions. She's highly respected in metal communities, though some people don't like her music because it's pop and not their thing, they typically appreciate the fact that she's highly influenced by metal artists and makes unique music. 

God knows I'm not the biggest Beyoncé fan and god knows I don't like Lemonade but Daddy Lessons is one of the best songs Beyoncé ever recorded and if they don¡t want it it's cool. 

But on the other hand let's not forget that Taylor Swift was catching awards for Country and pop albums with the same record.