Famous Remixes vs. Album Versions Rant Thread

MiXero

Here is a thread to rant about a song that has a remix that was popular but the album version doesn't get the praise it obviously deserves.

I'll start with Mariah's "Fantasy". The ODB remix is shit and I don't understand why people think it's better. The chorus on the remix sounds underproduced as hell, and the original chorus is a pure 90's bop. FOH with that mess. :morning:

The first song that comes to mind is Tove Lo - Habits. I don't like the Hippie Sabotage Remix one bit, I love the original. The funny thing is, I heard the remix first. I usually get used to whatever I hear first and I end up enjoying that version, but in this case, the Hippie Remix almost made me steer away from Tove Lo for good.

• YAAASSS 1

7 hours ago, Cypher said:

The first song that comes to mind is Tove Lo - Habits. I don't like the Hippie Sabotage Remix one bit, I love the original. The funny thing is, I heard the remix first. I usually get used to whatever I hear first and I end up enjoying that version, but in this case, the Hippie Remix almost made me steer away from Tove Lo for good.

Same! That remix is awful :vacuum:

They also used to play this remix on my local radio station, it's definitely better than the Hippie Sabotage one :roll:

10 hours ago, Cypher said:

I remember someone suggested Habits to me, and they called it "Stay High", and I looked it up, and heard the remix first since they called that one Stay High, and was unhappy with the person for suggesting it to me. But then they were like "ew wtf is this this isn't the right one" and I listened to the superior original

7 hours ago, MiXero said:

I remember someone suggested Habits to me, and they called it "Stay High", and I looked it up, and heard the remix first since they called that one Stay High, and was unhappy with the person for suggesting it to me. But then they were like "ew wtf is this this isn't the right one" and I listened to the superior original

Right?? I don't understand what people enjoy about the Hippie Remix. It sounds so messy. :cypher: 

• YAAASSS 1

You're so right about 'Fantasy', the rap is so dreadful and tacky (although tbh I was already biased against anyone with the name Old Dirty Bastard :stretcher:).

I can't think of that many, but the Pharrell remix of Britney's 'Boys' is a boring mess. :vacuum: I don't know how he manages to always ruin good songs but it seems to be a talent of his. :morning: