New here Hi :)

shout87

Hi everybody. I decided to join and see what all the hubub is about. My name is Phil, I'm 29 from NY. :D

My fave singers are mainly girl singers but just to give you a clue on who I like:
-Olivia Newton-John (yes the girl from Grease) she's my number 1
-The Carpenters
-Alexz Johnson (from Instant Star-my handle name is from one of her songs)
-Hilary Duff
-Kelly Clarkson (My December is life and so are the demos that leaked a couple of years ago-I want more!!)
-Avril Lavigne (Can someone tell me why we have a TON of Kelly leaks but only a very small handful of Avril stuff?)
-Jesse McCartney (In Technicolor is so good!)
-LIGHTS
-Aly & AJ/78violet
-Panic! At The Disco
-The Beatles (slowly getting into old stuff especially since my top favs aren't really doing anything)
-Cliff Richard
and anything 90s is a must on my ipod from Spice Girls to Smashing Pumpkins to Pearl Jam well you get the idea LOL

• YAAASSS 1

Welcome babe! <3 I'm so jealous you live in NY, I've visited there twice and I love that city so much! Did you find us from the Alexz interview? ;) I love that you stan Olivia, she's the true Australian icon. :hail: I watched Xanadu for the first time the other night and that shit was so ridiculous and amazing. :stretcher: I'm glad to have you with us!

• YAAASSS 1

6 hours ago, Countess said:

Welcome babe! <3 I'm so jealous you live in NY, I've visited there twice and I love that city so much! Did you find us from the Alexz interview? ;) I love that you stan Olivia, she's the true Australian icon. :hail: I watched Xanadu for the first time the other night and that shit was so ridiculous and amazing. :stretcher: I'm glad to have you with us!

I should've specified, I live in upstate NY not the city :( But I have visited there when I was in choir in high school :D I'm happy there's an actual Olivia fan on here too :D You just watched Xanadu?! It's so campy but the soundtrack is ACE!! Pure 80s! <3 The film....not so great but still fun to watch. :) Try Two Of A Kind to watch something interesting haha John Travolta is in it with her. Also, do you like the Carpenters as well? They're pretty soft 70s pop like Olivia :) I added them into my list.

I'm on another foum but a lot of people on that are on here and I don't know what's going on with it right now (they're closing the current one at the end of the month but if they'll open a new one, I don't know) so I decided to join here and connect with you guys. I did read that Alexz interview though :) Glad new music is coming. Just hope there's no mess this time around like with the pledge campaign. 

Thanks all for the welcome :D Love to see fans of who I'm into. I've been a fan of Alexz (So Weird) and Aly & AJ (Disney concert special) since like the beginning. Avril I was a little late for same with Kelly. But die hard stan of them both. Hilary I watched Lizzie here and there but starting stanning when she released I Can't Wait for her music :D

9 hours ago, shout87 said:

I should've specified, I live in upstate NY not the city :( But I have visited there when I was in choir in high school :D I'm happy there's an actual Olivia fan on here too :D You just watched Xanadu?! It's so campy but the soundtrack is ACE!! Pure 80s! <3 The film....not so great but still fun to watch. :) Try Two Of A Kind to watch something interesting haha John Travolta is in it with her. Also, do you like the Carpenters as well? They're pretty soft 70s pop like Olivia :) I added them into my list.

I'm on another foum but a lot of people on that are on here and I don't know what's going on with it right now (they're closing the current one at the end of the month but if they'll open a new one, I don't know) so I decided to join here and connect with you guys. I did read that Alexz interview though :) Glad new music is coming. Just hope there's no mess this time around like with the pledge campaign. 

Thanks all for the welcome :D Love to see fans of who I'm into. I've been a fan of Alexz (So Weird) and Aly & AJ (Disney concert special) since like the beginning. Avril I was a little late for same with Kelly. But die hard stan of them both. Hilary I watched Lizzie here and there but starting stanning when she released I Can't Wait for her music :D

Ooooh, like near SUNY? I was almost gonna go there for a term last year on exchange but I ended up going to UCLA instead! And yes, omg. :stretcher: Honestly I thought the whole film was a mess but I watched it just for that cutie Gene Kelly. <3 I haven't actually listened to that much from The Carpenters! I think the only track I know from them is 'Close To You' but it is a cute song. :P 

Aww yay, I'm glad! Tell all your friends on the other forum to sign up as well so y'all can keep in touch! :stretcher:  We're happy to have you here boo!

• YAAASSS 1

8 hours ago, shout87 said:

Not too far. I'm in the Jefferson County area :) Yeah the movie is a mess haha. When you can, check out some of the Carpenters stuff. Nice arrangements and Karen's vocals <3 And thanks so much :) 

Oh nice! <3 Do you like it there? You should post a Carpenters masterpost for us to listen to! ;) 

• YAAASSS 1

1 hour ago, shout87 said:

It's not too bad, the winters are sometimes harsh though. Once I hit 100 posts and have time, I can do it. :) I wanna do the same for Alexz as well as Hilary, Kelly, and Avril :D

If by Hilary you mean queen Hilary Duff, then we already have one :mo:

• YAAASSS 1