Agent Carter, Nashville, Castle, Telenovella & Dozens More Shows Cancelled

The CW isn’t letting Containment back out. 

The thriller was about an epidemic that breaks out in Atlanta, leaving the large city quarantined and those stuck on the inside fighting for their lives. The move represents a rare cancelation for The CW, which basically brought back its entire lineup this season – plus picked up CBS’ Supergirl too.

More shows axed Friday, as NBC cut deep into its freshman class. 

NBC rapidly canceled five programs in about one hour: Eva Longoria’s Telenovela, sitcom Crowded, thriller Game of Silence, comedy Undateable and medical drama Heartbeat

The cuts represent most of the network’s freshman shows that debuted in the second half of the current broadcast season. 

Two fates remain uncertain among the network’s lineup: Sophomore drama The Mysteries of Laura and second-season comedy The Carmichael Show. We might hear about both soon, so stay tuned.

None of the new comedy series introduced by Fox this season will make it to second season. The network has moved in to cancel freshmen Grandfathered, starring John Stamos, and The Grinder, starring Rob Lowe. They are joined by midseason entries Cooper Barrett’s Guide To Surviving Life and the animated Bordertown, which also are not continuing.

MTV will not be going back to Hester High. 

The Viacom-owned cable network has opted to end scripted comedy series Faking It after three seasons, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. The Carter Covington comedy's May 17 season three finale will now serve as a series finale.  

In good news for Supergirl fans tho, the show has been renewed and moved to the CW to join the other DC tv shows!

Supergirl has been renewed for a second season — but will be moving from CBS to The CW, EW has learned. 

Supergirl, which stars Melissa Benoist as the Girl of Steel, will now air on The CW, joining the other super series in producer Greg Berlanti’s universe, Arrow, The Flash, and DC’s Legends of Tomorrow. 

Since Supergirl was first announced in development at CBS, both fans and industry insiders have questioned whether the major network famous for its crime dramas was the right fit for the show. Previously, CBS Entertainment chairman Nina Tassler defended the pickup, telling EW, “For our network right now, what we did respond to was the character’s humanity, the other characters in the show as well – the story trajectory and the character’s arc and growth. These are all things that made her just imminently relatable, and made the story exciting.”

What are your thoughts on all the cancellations? I was a big fan of Agent Carter's first season even though I haven't watched the second yet, so I'm disappointed about that. :'( Nashville was a fun guilty pleasure as well but I can't say I'm that upset to watch it leave.

On 5/14/2016 at 1:55 AM, IntoYouu said:

Well, from all of those I only watched Agent Carter, but I wasn't a huge fan of it. I'm glad that the shows I actually enjoy weren't cancelled.

Aww, I loved Agent Carter! :( But I think it wasn't getting enough views to keep it around. I still feel it could make a return on Netflix tho. ;)