Disney Announces More Remakes & Spinoffs

Main Pop Girl

Disney confirmed the casting and directing positions for a number of its upcoming movies today, including Tim Burton taking on Dumbo and a new Dwayne Johnson project.

Although Disney didn't provide any release dates for the new movies, the studio did detail some of the projects. Cruella, the live-action movie about the famous villain in 101 Dalmatians, Cruella de Ville, will star Emma Stone in the titular role. Dwayne Johnson will star in a movie called Jungle Cruise, although there's no additional information on what the movie will be about.

As previously mentioned, Tim Burton will direct a live-action adaptation of Disney's animated film from 1941, Dumbo, and Reese Witherspoon will star in a new Tinker Bell project. It's unclear at this time whether Witherspoon's adaptation will be a live-action or animated feature.

Disney also confirmed a few announcement details that were reported earlier this year, including Ava DuVernay directing A Wrinkle in Time and Hamilton creator Lin-Manuel Miranda joining Emily Blunt in Rob Marshall's sequel to Mary Poppins. Maleficent 2, starring Angeline Jolie, and The Jungle Book 2 were also confirmed in the press release.

There are a few other projects that the company pointed out, including a movie called The Nutcracker and the Four Realms, which will assumedly be released around Christmas either next year or the year after, but there's not too much information about the film at this time.

Besides these titles, Disney also confirmed it was working on three untitled live-action fairytale movies and two untitled live-action original films.

Although the company is being pretty vague, there's a good chance more details will be released in the next coming months. Especially as we head into San Diego Comic-Con where Disney may give multiple updates on its projects.

Even though I'm kind of sick of the spin-off concept, Emma as Cruella actually has a lot of potential and I can see it being super funny. :stretcher: Reese in Tinker Bell would also be brill! And I love Emily in Mary Poppins. The only thing I don't need in my life is more of Tim Burton's twisted fairytale. He needs to keep heading in the direction of Big Eyes and try something new.

• YAAASSS 1

21 minutes ago, Countess said:

Even though I'm kind of sick of the spin-off concept, Emma as Cruella actually has a lot of potential and I can see it being super funny. :stretcher: Reese in Tinker Bell would also be brill! And I love Emily in Mary Poppins. The only thing I don't need in my life is more of Tim Burton's twisted fairytale. He needs to keep heading in the direction of Big Eyes and try something new.

YAAASSS for Angelina Jolie in Maleficent 2

• YAAASSS 1

On 4/27/2016 at 5:06 AM, Gone Boy said:

yYRR5wC.png

WTF?

:shocked: How can you see that? It's an add-on I have called Lazarus which basically saves any data you enter into a form so if you accidentally close Chrome or your computer crashes then what you wrote won't be lost. But I don't get how you can see it. :stretcher: 

On 4/27/2016 at 6:17 AM, Baby V Alex said:

I need to watch the Jungle Book but other than that all the live action reboots have been weak as fuck and predictable so I hope they step their pussy up.

I haven't seen it yet either, but my friend went to see it and apparently it's really good! I liked Cinderella but other than that all their latest remakes have been messy imo. :vacuum: 

6 hours ago, Bryan said:

Jungle Cruise is another "movie based on a ride" movie like Pirates of the Caribbean and The Haunted Mansion. It's basically a boat ride through animatronic animals with cheesy jokes. They're also working on another movie for the Tower Of Terror which I'm excited for.

Oooh okay, interesting! I think from a PR perspective it's really interesting they're making all these movies based around their rides, but I can't say I liked any other than Pirates. Tomorrowland was messy. :stretcher: