Princess Diaries 3 in the Works

Main Pop Girl

tumblr_inline_mkw0trzIWl1qz4rgp.gif

There will officially be a Princess Diaries 3 starring Anne Hathaway! 

“I was with Anne Hathaway a couple weeks ago, it looks like we want to do Princess Diaries 3 in Manhattan,” director Garry Marshall told People. “Anne Hathaway is very pregnant, so we have to wait until she has the baby and then I think we’re going to do it.” 

When asked if Chris Pine would return to play Anne‘s love interest, he responded, “Maybe…He’s quite big now, you know. Chris Pine likes me, you know why? Because his father is in Mother’s Day!” 

“His father I know, I’ve seen him in plays. Chris Pine and my kids went to similar schools, so I knew him as a kid. [Pine's father] is quite good, he plays a strange, funny Texan. He and Margo Martingale are husband and wife,” Garry continued. 

Princess Diaries launched Anne‘s career back in 2001, and she reprised the role of Mia Thermopolis in the 2004 sequel.

I'm super excited for this, but only if Queen Julie is involved as the main star as she ought to be. :hail: And Imma petition Disney to give Raven a starring role as well! <3 

• YAAASSS 1

• 1 month later...

It looks like the two main stars are on board! :excited: 

“We’re talking about doing another,” Marshall said, confirming that the duo want to add onto the Princess Diaries franchise, which began in 2001 and continued with a 2004 sequel. “There’s no official [project] yet. Disney hasn’t announced it.” But he, Andrews, and Hathaway, who all have busy schedules, were able to make time to sit down and discuss the project—albeit, from opposite ends of the country.

“I'm still adjusting to the modern world,” Marshall explained. “Anne Hathaway now has a baby, Jonathan, which is a nice thing. She wanted a baby so she got a baby! But she came into my office pregnant. She sat down next to my desk, put her computer on my desk, pushed three buttons, and suddenly Julie Andrews was on the screen from Long Island, New York! The three of us had a talk,” he said, laughing. “I don’t have a computer to be very honest, but I still enjoy this communication thing, which is exciting.”

“Here's an inside story,” Marshall said, letting us in on a little secret. “I know her manager, and Julie is such a lady that before she Skypes she puts on perfume! So when she appeared on Skype, I said, ‘Oh you smell so good, Julie!’ She laughed and said, ‘You know everything!’ She’s just a wonderful person.”

Asked if Andrews is on board to reprise her role as Hathaway’s on-screen royal grandmother, Queen Dowager Clarisse Renaldi, Marshall said, “She’s up for it, yeah, if [Disney] works it out.” For his part, Marshall said that at 81 he is not entirely sure he will direct the follow-up. “I will certainly take part in it, though,” he added.

It seems as though Marshall is also working on recruiting another Princess Diaries cast member to reprise his role.

“Chris Pine, a wonderful actor, also might appear in Princess Diaries [sequel] if we do it,” Marshall said. “His father is playing Kate Hudson’s father in Mother’s Day!”

Honestly though, I wasn't here for the second movie as much so I'm ambivalent about Chris Pine. #BringBackMichael

41 minutes ago, Bryan said:

I love Julie Andrews to death. Such a shame surgery fucked up her vocal cords, I'd love to hear her sing again.

ME TOO! :hail: I went to see her live last year and at the end she sang 'Edelweiss' with the entire audience, it was gorgeous. <3 Any excuse to see her in more movies is good!

30 minutes ago, Tweener said:

I don't thinks so...

ChldWvfWsAAJs-7.jpgChldXGfXEAACtAT.jpg

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: