American Idol Ending Next Season

Main Pop Girl

american-idol-new-judges-ftr.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen, 2016 will go down as the year the pitchy music died on Fox — the network announced Monday that American Idol‘s upcoming 15th season will be its last.

Idol‘s farewell season — featuring returning judges Jennifer Lopez, Keith Urban and Harry Connick Jr. — will debut in January 2016 and “pay tribute to the past 14 seasons” of the reality juggernaut.

Idol was a breakout hit for Fox when it launched in the summer of 2002. In Season 2, it ranked as TV’s No. 1 show, a position it held for an unprecedented eight years. Its ratings have waned considerably in recent years as the show weathered some rocky judging-panel overhauls and as general singing-competition fatigue set in.

Literally the only season I watched was with Nicki and Mariah, and it was only for Nicki and Mariah, but I still thought it was a more interesting show than The X Factor or America's Got Talent combined. Shame it's ending. :morning:

• 2 weeks later...

Finally about damn time they took this show off the air :yuck: I dont know anybody who even watches anymore lol btwsomeone i know got to have their 15 minutes of fame & I wish them the best but man tv changes people...... https://www.facebook.com/whoisshi  incase you were wondering who im referring too

Who even is this? Was she on the new season? :stretcher: She's pretty tho, I like her hair!