'Full House' Revival 'Fuller House' Coming to Netflix

Main Pop Girl

20d05b6a8e80cb59_109048-full-house-full-house.xxxlarge.jpg

Following rumors earlier this month, Netflix has officially announced it has ordered a 13-episode season of a new multi-camera comedy from Warner Horizon Television, Miller-Boyett Productions and Jeff Franklin Productions. “Fuller House” is the sequel to the iconic hit series “Full House.” Created by original “Full House” creator Jeff Franklin, “Fuller House” will premiere exclusively across all Netflix territories in 2016.

Candace Cameron-Bure, Jodie Sweetin and Andrea Barber are set to star in “Fuller House,” with fellow “Full House” star John Stamos set to produce and reprise his original role of Uncle Jesse as a guest star in the new show. Discussions with “Full House” stars Bob Saget, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, Dave Coulier and Lori Loughlin regarding guest appearances in “Fuller House” are ongoing.

In “Fuller House,” the adventures that began in 1987 on “Full House” continue, with veterinarian D.J. Tanner-Fuller (Cameron-Bure) pregnant and recently widowed, living in San Francisco. D.J.’s younger sister/aspiring musician Stephanie Tanner (Sweetin) and D.J.’s lifelong best friend/fellow single mother Kimmy Gibbler (Barber), along with Kimmy’s feisty teenage daughter Ramona, all move in to help take care of D.J.’s two boys — the rebellious 12-year-old J.D. and neurotic 7-year-old Max — and her soon-to-arrive baby.

“As big fans of the original Full House, we are thrilled to be able to introduce Fuller House’s new narrative to existing fans worldwide, who grew up on the original, as well as a new generation of global viewers that have grown up with the Tanners in syndication,” said Cindy Holland, Vice President of Original Content for Netflix.

In a joint statement, executive producers Robert L. Boyett, Thomas L. Miller and Jeff Franklin said: “The continued support of Full House fans of all ages for the last 28 years has been astounding. It is an honor and a thrill to catch up with these beloved characters and explore their lives today. The love you saw on the show was real. The cast has remained a loving family off screen all these years. We are as excited as our fans to finally bring Full House back to life.”

“Fuller House” is from Miller-Boyett Productions and Jeff Franklin Productions in association with Warner Horizon Television for Netflix. Robert L. Boyett, Thomas L. Miller and Jeff Franklin are the executive producers of the series, which was created by Franklin. John Stamos is a producer.

I've never actually watched the original show, but I know there's a lot of fans of it out there so they should be excited about this! I might need to go back and catch up on the 192 episodes they made of it before this comes out. :magic:

It's really not that great of a show. The only good thing is Stamos. I mean, look at him...  ;):popcorn:

But no, I just hope they don't fuck it up... I heard the story is that DJ is pregnant and her husband died and her best friend, Kimmi, is coming over to help her out and that Stamos will make a guest appearance and that he's producing some of it.. hmm....

It's really not that great of a show. The only good thing is Stamos. I mean, look at him...  ;):popcorn:

But no, I just hope they don't fuck it up... I heard the story is that DJ is pregnant and her husband died and her best friend, Kimmi, is coming over to help her out and that Stamos will make a guest appearance and that he's producing some of it.. hmm....

I bet he doesn't look like that anymore tho...:'( And omg, I don't even know who those people are. :stretcher: I just hope Mary Kate and Ashley are invited back to it because I need more acting roles for those bitches. :vacuum:

I bet he doesn't look like that anymore tho...:'(

If anything, he's hotter now. Got that whole silver fox angle working in his favor.

John-Stamos-2011-john-stamos-32853828-2278-3000.jpg

That lip bite tho... :excited:

I'll just leave this here: https://therealfullhousereviewed.wordpress.com/

Best website ever. Reviews every episode of Full House and it's hilarious. I can't wait for the new installments to come.

:stretcher: That looks hilarious! They better update it for the reboot! :hail:

• 4 weeks later...

It's confirmed that MK&A won't be starring in the new show. :'(

We didn't expect Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen to appear in the new "Full House" reboot, and it turns out the 28-year-old fashion designers will not reprise their shared role as Michelle Tanner, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

“Although Ashley and Mary-Kate will not be a part of Fuller House, I know how much Full House has meant to them and they are still very much considered family," executive producer Robert L. Boyett said in a statement. "It has been exciting to see how they have built their professional careers, and I support their choice to focus on their fashion brands and various business endeavors. I appreciate their support and good wishes towards Fuller House."

The news comes weeks after John Stamos, who is both producing and slated to appear in the Netflix series, called "bullshit" on the sisters, after they told Women's Wear Daily they weren't in the loop regarding the new show. Stamos later tweeted that he and Mary-Kate has smoothed things out after having a "sweet talk," but he apparently wasn't able to sweet-talk the twins into appearing on the show.

In addition to Stamos, fans of the ABC original series can expect Andrea Barber, Jodie Sweetin, Candace Cameron Bure, and Dave Coulier to appear on the revival. which will follow Bure's D.J. Tanner as a widow with three kids.

Earlier this month, Bure spoke about "Fuller House" on the "Today" show, saying that the Netflix series won't be the same as the original. "It's definitely a fresh take," she said. "We're not doing the old show, it's not a reunion. It's a spinoff show."

#PetitionForElizabethOlsenToStepIn