Taylor Swift Gets First Platinum Album of 2014

1989-614x307.jpg

Last week we told you that 2014 was on pace to end without a single platinum selling album. This week, Taylor Swift has something to say about that.

Not only is 1989 on pace to be the first million selling album of the year; Billboard expects it to do it in its first week. For Swift, this continues the trend of total dominance on the charts. It

I'm not surprised this album will be the first to hit Platinum. Although, with Gaga, I think she needs to get her shit together and release an album with a cohesive album, not slapping on a compilation of songs that have no consistency and calling it art. I mean, I get the shit she had to deal with during this album, but now that she's got herself a stable boyfriend, use him as some inspiration.

I'm not surprised this album will be the first to hit Platinum. Although, with Gaga, I think she needs to get her shit together and release an album with a cohesive album, not slapping on a compilation of songs that have no consistency and calling it art. I mean, I get the shit she had to deal with during this album, but now that she's got herself a stable boyfriend, use him as some inspiration.

I mean, where's ARTPOP Act II?!

I do agree with you to an extent, but when you compare the amount of work Gaga put into her album to Taylor's it really pales in comparison. She spent like two years working on it, released a failed app, organised like three different concerts for it, did about a million live performances, planned a tour, and planned and worked hard on three pretty decent music videos. That doesn't mean the quality of Gaga's album is necessarily better than Taylor's, but she definitely tried hard and it annoys me that Taylor kind of just swooped in and released a pretty basic album and got all these recognition. :vacuum:

I mean, where's ARTPOP Act II?!

And Act III, and Act IV, and Act V...:morning: