PHF Movie Night: Halloween Edition!

Main Pop Girl

Cannibal_Holocaust_movie.jpg

So tonight me and a few other people are planning on watching Cannibal Holocaust, which is meant to be one of the scariest movies ever made! If you hadn't heard about it before, here's a summary straight from Wikipedia:

The film tells the story of a missing documentary film crew who had gone to the Amazon to film cannibal tribes. A rescue mission, led by the New York University anthropologist Harold Monroe, recovers the film crew's lost cans of film, which an American television station wishes to broadcast. Upon viewing the reels, Monroe is appalled by the team's actions, and after learning their fate, he objects to the station's intent to air the documentary. The presentation of the film team's lost footage, functioning similar to a flashback, inspired the found footage style of narrative filmmaking, later popularized by such films as the The Blair Witch Project.

Cannibal Holocaust achieved notoriety as its graphic violence aroused a great deal of controversy. After its premiere in Italy, it was ordered to be seized by a local magistrate, and Deodato was arrested on obscenity charges. He was later charged with making a snuff film due to rumors that claimed some actors were killed on camera. Although Deodato was later cleared, the film was banned in Italy, Australia, and several other countries due to its portrayal of graphic brutality, sexual assault, and genuine violence toward animals. Some nations have since revoked the ban, but the film is still banned in several countries. Critics have suggested that the film is a commentary about civilized versus uncivilized society.

If you're interested in watching with us you can add me on Skype at tikkuy. We'll probably be starting in about twelve hours, which is 1:00pm PHF time. See you there! :magic:

Omg, is it really that good? I'm so excited/scared to watch it! Do you know of a good link or anything for the full uncensored version? I gotta get the uncut turtle scene in my life. :tan:

I think it is, but a lot of people think it's just boring & gross. I haven't been able to find the full movie anywhere, whichever version you watch will without a doubt have at least a minute of footage cut from it.

Archived