Apple Announces iPhone 6

Main Pop Girl

Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) has introduced the iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6 Plus, which Apple CEO Tim Cook called the "best iPhones" the company has ever produced.

The iPhone 6 Plus is 5.5 inches diagonally and the iPhone 6 is 4.7 inches, compared to the iPhone 5S size of 4 inches. The phones are thinner than ever: 6.9 mm for the iPhone 6 and 7.1 mm for the larger iPhone 6 Plus.

Apple's senior vice president of marketing Phil Schiller explained at its much anticipated event today that the glass front curves around the side of the phones, meeting the anodized aluminum backing.

Brian Colello, analyst with Morningstar, said new iPhone announcement was as expected: faster, thinner smartphones with larger screens, improved camera features and better battery lives. The only surprise so far was that new sapphire screens were not touted, as many had expected.

Are the 5C's the ones with the awesome colors? I want the pink one so bad! :o

Yep, I got the green one. It's basically a 5S without the fingerprint scanner and some digital business.

I'm happy with my Cosmos 3 that doesn't support apps, battery that lasts me almost all week and was free with a purchase of a $50 phone card from Wal*Mart. :magic:

Does it flip tho? :morning:

Yep, I got the green one. It's basically a 5S without the fingerprint scanner and some digital business.

The fingerprint scanner is such a gimmick tho...:stretcher: Like it's another feature like Siri which people will play around with for an hour and then forget about.

Tbh there's nothing real appealing about updating, most of the updates seem to be physical and no real big strides in cool enhancements. Also, it looks like most of the software stuff is going to be available for everyone. So you're just buying a bigger phone ????

Basically. :shocked: You might as well just get an iPad Mini if you're looking for a bigger screen.