Rihana Vs. TLC

TLC>>>Rihanna musically, BUT you (this goes for anyone) can't say you're about empowering women if you're slut shaming them! TLC has profited on sexual lyrics, they had plenty of outfits that weren't necessary 'sexual' but they did show a lot of skin, so who are they to make comments like that? If we stopped pinning women against other women & put all of that energy into fighting for equality we'd probably be ruling the world by now.

TLC>>>Rihanna musically, BUT you (this goes for anyone) can't say you're about empowering women if you're slut shaming them! TLC has profited on sexual lyrics, they had plenty of outfits that weren't necessary 'sexual' but they did show a lot of skin, so who are they to make comments like that? If we stopped pinning women against other women & put all of that energy into fighting for equality we'd probably be ruling the world by now.

I agree. Although to be fair, they did actually kind of backtrack in the second video when they were asked more about it. They said that what they meant to say was that if women wanted to be sexual in their music video's, that was fine; but that women shouldn't feel pressured or forced by their labels into being sexual, which of course I totally agree with. I'm not really sure which of their opinions it the honest one, but either way I still respect them for attempting to say it in a classy way.