Oculus Rift: Virtual Reality Games

Has anybody heard of this Oculus Rift thing? It's one of those games which looks like it would be really awesome to play even though you look like a total dumbass doing it.

:stretcher: You can see a guy playing Skyrim with it here:

Even though the design and stuff is a little clunky right now, I actually feel this has sooooo much potential! Could you imagine running around Middle Earth or Hogwarts with super realistic graphics and characters around you? I would die! :shocked:

Apparently the patent was just bought by Facebook, and normal people like us will actually be able to buy the product within the next year. What do you guys think? Is it the future of games or will it not take off?

THIS ACTUALLY LOOKS SUPER COOL!!!! I'M PICTURING BEING IN HOGWARTS CASTING SPELLS AND EXPLORING THE GROUNDS AND JUST HAVING SO MUCH FUN, but the name just makes me think of the terrible movie oculus

COULD YOU IMAGINE? :'( What if they brought out a special WiiMote that's like a wand and you have to move it around in a specific way to cast spells? I WOULD DIE.

I've known about this since the Dev kits were sent out. They look so cool! I'd buy one if I had the money. There's a mod for Minecraft where you can use this.

Omg, I've never seen the Minecraft one before! :hail: That looks so creepy tbqh. But hopefully the price will go down before they sell to the public? At the moment it's like $350 but even if they were able to drop it to $200 and bring out support for cool games I'd be interested in buying it tbh.

COULD YOU IMAGINE? :'( What if they brought out a special WiiMote that's like a wand and you have to move it around in a specific way to cast spells? I WOULD DIE.

Omg, I've never seen the Minecraft one before! :hail: That looks so creepy tbqh. But hopefully the price will go down before they sell to the public? At the moment it's like $350 but even if they were able to drop it to $200 and bring out support for cool games I'd be interested in buying it tbh.

But they are Dev models so they are a little more expensive because it gives Devs more time to develope cool stuff, as of now most mods are in mid beta at most so wait it out if you want one

But they are Dev models so they are a little more expensive because it gives Devs more time to develope cool stuff, as of now most mods are in mid beta at most so wait it out if you want one

Exactly. They're gonna release them to the public later this year tho, but even if I bought one when it came out I wouldn't have any consoles to use it with. :stretcher: