Naya Rivera Dropped From Label; Written Out of Glee

lhLYmSRC.jpeg

This really isn't her week...:shocked:

First of all:

While conflicting reports surface about her "Glee" future, Rivera's relationship with her record label has ended.

Naya Rivera is no longer on the Columbia Records roster, multiple sources have confirmed to Billboard.com. The "Glee" star signed with the label in 2011, and did not release a full-length with Columbia.

The 27-year-old, who plays Santana Lopez on the hit Fox series, was one of the first "Glee" actors to land a solo record deal, and announced plans to begin work on an album in summer 2011. Last September, "Sorry," Rivera's debut single featuring then-boyfriend Big Sean, was released; the song did not chart on the Hot 100 and has sold 34,000 downloads to date, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

And now we hear...

Naya Rivera will not be a part of Glee's fifth-season finale, and her future on the show has not yet been decided, E! News has learned.

Though the original plan was to include Naya in the final episode of the season, slated for May 13, her character Santana Lopez has been written out of the script, we are told by multiple sources. (Fox is not commenting.)

Insiders point out that this change has nothing whatsoever to do with Lea Michele, nor the recent rumors of a falling out

#SorryNotSorry

Although, her being dropped from Columbia is news to me; I heard about the other two things. I was really looking forward to her album! No one even knew Mark Salling or Matthew Morrison released an album, and everyone forgot that Lea Michele had an album. #TeamNaya

#SorryNotSorry

Although, her being dropped from Columbia is news to me; I heard about the other two things. I was really looking forward to her album! No one even knew Mark Salling or Matthew Morrison released an album, and everyone forgot that Lea Michele had an album. #TeamNaya

Idek who Mark Salling is. :morning: But if they'd promoted Naya in the right way, she could have been big! She's a decent singer and dancer and super hot, plus she just got a boob job. She could have been the next Britney. :'(

Idek who Mark Salling is. :morning: But if they'd promoted Naya in the right way, she could have been big! She's a decent singer and dancer and super hot, plus she just got a boob job. She could have been the next Britney. :'(

Forever destined to be a flop. :'(

Her rep's confirmed that apparently both of these stories were made up. :stretcher:

Either Lea's out to get her for stealing attention away from her with her boob job, or she's preparing for a new single release.

Bitch better be making a comeback single right now.

Bitch better be making a comeback single right now.

Is it possible to make a comeback when you were never hot to begin with? :tan:

OMFG i used to stan so hard for her now im sad  :( i was looking forward to her album too

Did we ever actually get news on an album?! It seemed like she just released 'Sorry' out of nowhere and hadn't actually planned a proper album to follow it. :stretcher: