Gwen Stefani To Return To Her Solo Career?

coachella-2014-gwen-stefani-pharrell-performance-billboard-650.jpg

Pharrell suggests that his "Hollaback Girl" guest is returning to the music industry.

Gwen Stefani bestowed the 2014 Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival with one of its biggest surprises when she skipped onstage during Pharrell Williams' set on Saturday night (April 12) to perform her Neptunes-produced hit "Hollaback Girl."

Before she departed the stage after the song, Pharrell teased that the rare live appearance from Stefani was the start of a comeback effort for the singer, who has not released a solo album since 2006.

"Before she leaves, I have not seen her in nine months," Pharrell told his audience after he and Stefani embraced onstage. "Look how amazing the queen looks as she is making her arrival back to the music industry."

Stefani has not formally announced any plans for a solo comeback, but a Twitter post after the performance suggests that she enjoyed the stage return on Saturday night. "Feels good to be out of the cave #Cochella2014 @Pharrell gx," she wrote.

The 2006 release of Stefani's sophomore album, "The Sweet Escape," was followed by a prolonged period of returning to No Doubt to work on the group's sixth studio album, "Push and Shove," which was finally released in September 2012. Stefani and Bush frontman Gavin Rossdale have welcomed three children since 2006, most recently welcoming their son Apollo Bowie Flynn last February.

Pharrell showing some love for the queen! :hail:

As much as I'd love to believe that she was working on another solo album tho, I think he's more likely referring to the New Doubt album which they've been working on on and off since like last year. It would be kinda cool to see what a No Doubt x The Neptunes collab would sound like tho, so hopefully Gwen and Pharrell will stay in contact!

Guest Natalia

YES!  I don't care about w/e she's doing with No Doubt (I love the older ND, but their latest album wasn't that great), but a third solo album is what I've been waiting for for so long.

YES!  I don't care about w/e she's doing with No Doubt (I love the older ND, but their latest album wasn't that great), but a third solo album is what I've been waiting for for so long.

:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSS I'm not gonna lie I'm here for it, even tho No Doubt album was pretty great, the songs were so damn long that I listen to them like twice a month.

Tbh the last No Doubt album was decent, but not amazing. After how long they'd been away for they really needed to come back with something flawless and there are really only two tracks that are flawless on that album ('Push and Shove' and 'Looking Hot'). There's a few others which are good tracks but the production makes them sound like just filler ( like'Undercover' and 'One More Summer') and then the rest just bores me tbh. :morning:

HitsDailyDouble seems to have confirmed this! Although it kinda seems they're just reporting on the rumour of it happening, with no official confirmation from Gwen herself yet. :(

MUSICAL CHAIRS: Gwen Stefani will step in as a judge on NBC's The Voice when Christina Aguilera takes time off to have her baby, TMZ has reported. Taping begins on season 7 in June. Speaking of new arrivals, Stefani's long-awaited new solo album is also in the works.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...