J.K. Rowling: "Harry & Hermione Should Have Ended Up Together"

Main Pop Girl

The whole purpose of Harry & Hermione not being together was to prove that boys & girls can be friends without romance. It was her way of going against the norm of the typical literature trend (the main protagonist being secretly in love but get together in the end) They viewed each other as siblings since neither of them have blood siblings. They're friendship was so strong they didn't need romantic love to feel loved, accepted & respected.

I am honestly disappointed that she thinks they should've been together. I LOVE that fact that they weren't! It would've been too predictable & it's been over done in every single movie/book/tv show since the beginning of time.

The whole purpose of Harry & Hermione not being together was to prove that boys & girls can be friends without romance. It was her way of going against the norm of the typical literature trend (the main protagonist being secretly in love but get together in the end) They viewed each other as siblings since neither of them have blood siblings. They're friendship was so strong they didn't need romantic love to feel loved, accepted & respected.

I am honestly disappointed that she thinks they should've been together. I LOVE that fact that they weren't! It would've been too predictable & it's been over done in every single movie/book/tv show since the beginning of time.

Yass, agreed! I think that this has more to do with J.K.'s personal feelings than it does with the actual story tbh. She's always said that she can relate to Hermione a lot and I think she feels like she/Hermione shouldn't have to settle for a Ron, but deserve a Harry instead. But I personally like Ron as a character. Even if he can be a bit insecure and douchey at times, he's a good person at heart and Hermione brings out the best in him. <3

I loved how everything changed, cause Herry x Hermione was predictable and boring, so I loved how JK changed that. But I didn't like how Harry ended up with Ron's sister  :vacuum:

Omg, I kind of know what you mean. I loved Harry and Ginny in the books, but when it came to the movies I just found Ginny super boring and annoying. But I think they'll turn out to be a more stable couple than Hermione and Ron tbh.

• 1 year later...