ARTPOP continues to drop in price

Cypher

Oh god, not this again. :shocked:

I mean, honestly I think $25 for an album is a little too much, even though I would totally say that ARTPOP is worth the cash, given there's 15 flawless tracks, nice packaging and sometimes some #ARTFOIL. I think she probably realises that people will just download it ilegally anyway and so selling it for $7 is better than making no money at all.

That said, it does come off a little desperate, but oh well. :vacuum:

Oh god, not this again. :shocked:

I mean, honestly I think $25 for an album is a little too much, even though I would totally say that ARTPOP is worth the cash, given there's 15 flawless tracks, nice packaging and sometimes some #ARTFOIL. I think she probably realises that people will just download it ilegally anyway and so selling it for $7 is better than making no money at all.

That said, it does come off a little desperate, but oh well. :vacuum:

$25 is an extremely expensive album. I would only pay that much to get an album imported from Japan, cause they always have the best and most exclusive versions.

But in the sense that she knows people illegally download it, I would say it's more of a marketing ploy rather than a move of desperation. She's not sitting on her high pony and complaining about it. She's striking deals with Amazon to get the most bang from her buck. In any case, I've been enjoying my #ARTFOIL. I play at least one song a day from the record just to keep it fresh in my head. I can't say that about too many albums.

It's sad tho, I can really understand this move for BTW cause it's a bad album but AP it's better  :morning:

Agreed! ARTPOP is much better than Born This Way. Apparently it's 7 times better cause BTW had the $1 deal, but AP has the $7 deal. :lol:

$25 is an extremely expensive album. I would only pay that much to get an album imported from Japan, cause they always have the best and most exclusive versions.

But in the sense that she knows people illegally download it, I would say it's more of a marketing ploy rather than a move of desperation. She's not sitting on her high pony and complaining about it. She's striking deals with Amazon to get the most bang from her buck. In any case, I've been enjoying my #ARTFOIL. I play at least one song a day from the record just to keep it fresh in my head. I can't say that about too many albums.

I know! But literally all albums here in Australia are $25. It's ridiculous. :vacuum: No wonder people ilegally download...

But yeah, agreed! And honestly, since when did good music become something that everyone had to pay for? If you went to get your art out to as many people as possible, it makes sense to have a low price, or just make it totally free for anyone to enjoy. But yas, the album is amazing! It took a little while for some of the songs to grow on me but now they have I'm loving them all. It's perfect!

I know! But literally all albums here in Australia are $25. It's ridiculous. :vacuum: No wonder people ilegally download...

But yeah, agreed! And honestly, since when did good music become something that everyone had to pay for? If you went to get your art out to as many people as possible, it makes sense to have a low price, or just make it totally free for anyone to enjoy. But yas, the album is amazing! It took a little while for some of the songs to grow on me but now they have I'm loving them all. It's perfect!

Dang, I didn't realize albums were so pricy there. Does Australia even get exclusive bonus tracks or alternate covers?

IE: Demi Lovato - Unbroken (Japan Edition), Cher Lloyd - Sticks + Stones (Japan Re-release), Lady Gaga - "Retro Dance Freak" (from The Fame)

Dang, I didn't realize albums were so pricy there. Does Australia even get exclusive bonus tracks or alternate covers?

IE: Demi Lovato - Unbroken (Japan Edition), Cher Lloyd - Sticks + Stones (Japan Re-release), Lady Gaga - "Retro Dance Freak" (from The Fame)

Not at all! The only thing we ever got was 'Starstruck' I believe, but that was just because the album was released later here than in Europe. :stretcher: And then when the American version was released, ours was outdated again.

Even on iTunes, all of the songs are either $1.99 or $2.99 for the singles as opposed to your guys $0.99 and $1.99. :vacuum: No fair.

Not at all! The only thing we ever got was 'Starstruck' I believe, but that was just because the album was released later here than in Europe. :stretcher: And then when the American version was released, ours was outdated again.

Even on iTunes, all of the songs are either $1.99 or $2.99 for the singles as opposed to your guys $0.99 and $1.99. :vacuum: No fair.

Wow, kinda glad I'm in the US. Although, I would love to visit Japan and just buy all those CDs there so I don't have to pay for shipping. It's always like $6-10 for shipping. I could buy a second CD with that. :morning:

Although, Australia gets promotional CDs! The "Waking Up in Vegas" CD I have is the Australian promo version! It has a cooler cover than the other versions of the promo CD from other regions.

Wow, kinda glad I'm in the US. Although, I would love to visit Japan and just buy all those CDs there so I don't have to pay for shipping. It's always like $6-10 for shipping. I could buy a second CD with that. :morning:

Although, Australia gets promotional CDs! The "Waking Up in Vegas" CD I have is the Australian promo version! It has a cooler cover than the other versions of the promo CD from other regions.

Agreed! But if I visited Japan I would just spend all day in the Hello Kitty theme park and never want to leave. :mo:

And omg, really? Where do you even buy promotional CD's though?! Like, aren't they sent to record labels and not available for public release?

Agreed! But if I visited Japan I would just spend all day in the Hello Kitty theme park and never want to leave. :mo:

And omg, really? Where do you even buy promotional CD's though?! Like, aren't they sent to record labels and not available for public release?