Very sad news for all Glee fans today. One of the show's stars, Cory Monteith, has been found dead following a drug overdose.
Monteith was found dead in theÂ Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel in Vancouver, the city in which he lived for most of his life and began his career back in 2006. He was scheduled to check out on Saturday, but after being absent from the lobby staff went to check up on him in his room where he was found.
Monteith's family was informed of the death on Saturday night, and at 10:30 the Vancouver police held a news conference on the story. Further details are expected in the next few days after a coronors report is conducted.
Monteith originally checked himself into rehab earlier this year following a life-long struggle with substance abuse. He had previously detailed his drug taking habits, which started at age 13 and lead to Monteith stealing money from his friends and family to fund his addiction. He was later sent to rehab at age 19 where he completed a successful run.
Our thoughts are with Monteith's family and friends at this shocking time. No word yet on what his girlfriend, fellow Glee-star Lea Michele, has to say about the incident; or how Glee heads will work around Monteith's death next season.
There are no comments to display.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.