Melanie Martinez has 2 droplet singles releasing between the first 2 quarters of 2024.

She's aiming to have both droplet singles released before the Trilogy Tour kicks off in May of this year. Both tracks are solo; however, she is pitching one of the songs to various contemporary artists, D4vd being the last her team reached out too.

One of the singles contain the same name as a leaked song from the 2021 PORTALS sessions, but the track has been majorly reworked and will have a feature.

One single uses a Unseen photo shoot from the 2022 mexico shoot as the cover art, and the other single doesn't currently have a cover, but it's been in talks she's asked Sarah Badr to come back and work the second cover art of the next single. But since the 2nd single hasn't been completed yet, no cover art has been finalized, however sketches Melanie has did have been sent out.

Both single's will be sent out to radio, and Melanie has filmed a TikTok/instagram preview with her boyfriend Justin in her backyard. However, she's waiting for it to be approved by her label. Not the video itself, but the usage of the song in the video.

MORPHINE is shooting for a February release date, likely in the last 2 weeks of said month.

LABYRINTH is aiming for a mid April release, but the feature for the song still has to be approved and recorded.
 - side note, Melanie has reached out to more than 4 artists to feature on this song, 2 being under her label.
   artists include; Faouzia, Hayley Kiyoko, D4vd. and SZA.
   a SZA collaboration is more unlikely to happen due to 'LANA' being pushed back, but the two have been talking about working together on a separate song, more or so under SZA's name 
 It is likely D4vd will be the feature on the song, due to his music matching the sound.

In the open verse demo of LABYRINTH, Martinez has included a back-and-forth segment where the featured artist will ahve to go back-and-forth with her in the ladder half of verse 3

"Get me out!
Whats that sound!
Trudging through the forest!
Footsteps, can't ignore it!
Get me out!
I scream and shout!
Get me out!"

MORPHINE, is more of a ballad, while LABYRINTH contains more of pop-like elements in it's production.

MORPHINE calls out fans, Oliver Tree, and references other past relationships she's had with other people in the past.
 - it is also likely the "Leeching off my flesh just so you can persevere and knock me down at my best, while you were supposed to be my best friend." line refers to Timothy Heller, but it's unconfirmed.

MORPHINE will be released along side the individual release of the PORTALS parfums 'singles' collection.
- talks of making MORPHINE a scent is in the works

MORPHINE also discusses her 'sacred treasure box' getting 'stolen', likely being a reference to leaks or just a play on her virginity getting stolen..

Edited by SUPERSUNSET
  • Like 1
  • WTF 1

5 hours ago, Cypher said:

Didn't she just release an album? Why can't Ava put out material as quickly...they're on the same label!

lol well both put albums out in early 2023 (Ava in January and Melanie in March) and actually Ava has dropped a couple singles since then. Plus Ava has an album coming this year, and a new single with Kygo this week iirc.

--------

I'm very hesitant lol it doesn't sound realistic to me although whew if this is legit... I'm actually surprised Melanie is dropping music so soon though? Considering the big gaps between Cry Baby (2015) - K-12 (2019) and After School (2020) - PORTALS (2023), I was not expecting new Melanie until like 2026. I hope they're great though, half of her last album was just not it.

Edited by Ice Prince

1 hour ago, Ice Prince said:

lol well both put albums out in early 2023 (Ava in January and Melanie in March) and actually Ava has dropped a couple singles since then. Plus Ava has an album coming this year, and a new single with Kygo this week iirc.

--------

I'm very hesitant lol it doesn't sound realistic to me although whew if this is legit... I'm actually surprised Melanie is dropping music so soon though? Considering the big gaps between Cry Baby (2015) - K-12 (2019) and After School (2020) - PORTALS (2023), I was not expecting new Melanie until like 2026. I hope they're great though, half of her last album was just not it.

I guess I don't consider her collabs as her own singles since the primary for so many of them are the producers/DJs. (The Motto, Car Keys, Sad Boy, etc.)

• Like 2