The Fall of the House of Usher

Cypher

maxresdefault.jpg

The latest release from modern horror icon, Mike Flanagan, has been making waves since its release just a couple of days ago. The show has been proven to be another critical darling from the famed director. The show debuted with a strong 94% critics score on Rotton Tomatoes and currently still sits with a high 90%. The show acts as a remix/compilation/greatest hits for the director as it sees the return of numerous Flanaverse alums:

• Alex Essoe
  • Annabeth Gish
  • Aya Furukawa
  • Bruce Greenwood
  • Carl Lumbly
  • Carla Gugino
  • Crystal Balint
  • Henry Thomas
  • Igby Rigney
  • Kate Siegel
  • Katie Parker
  • Kyliegh Curran
  • Lulu Wilson
  • Matt Biedel
  • Michael Trucco
  • Molly Quinn
  • Rahul Kohli
  • Robert Longstreet
  • Ruth Codd
  • Samantha Sloyan
  • Sauriyan Sapkota
  • T'Nia Miller
  • Zach Gilford

The show also has easter eggs sprinkled throughout its episodes, including the ouija board from Ouija: Origin of Evil, the Lasser Glass from Oculus, the intruder mask from Hush, the vibe/wall design from The Haunting of Hill House, Gerald's Game (movie title) appears on a movie select screen, the death of cats from Hill House and Midnight Mass, and more. Have you seen the show yet? Do you plan to watch the show? Share your thoughts below!

On 10/14/2023 at 2:12 PM, Crystal <3 said:

Might tune in tho! LOVE a good horror xx

Yes! It premiered with a 94% RT Critics and I believe it currently sits at 91%!

On 10/15/2023 at 5:15 AM, Main Pop Girl said:

I've seen this talked about a lot on social media so I may have to check it out! Although looking at the list of easter eggs I'm not sure I've ever actually seen any of their past work, so I don't know how much I'll get out of it :yeah: 

I'm a big fan of Flanagan and have been following his career for a long time. I've even seen his low-budget student films! If you have the time, I recommend at least watching his first 3 Netflix series: The Haunting of Hill House, The Haunting of Bly Manor, and Midnight Mass (in addition to this new show). They are all very strong projects that stand on their own, but end up being elevated by each other due to references and shared cast members!